US: Highest Certified Females

FanOfPop

1 hour ago, peterstyles13 said:

Just because they're both forms of RIAA certifications, it doesn't mean they are worth the same thing and should be included. They are separated on RIAA's website for a reason. 

A platinum album certification is worth ~$10,000,000 of pure album sales or 1.5 billion streams (1 album unit = 1500 streams)

A platinum single certification is worth ~$1,000,000 of pure single sales or 150M streams (1 single unit = 150 streams)

Album certifications are mathematically worth 10 times more than single certifications. Combining them as if they're equal makes no sense. 

Feel free to create your own thread.

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FanOfPop

• slw84

• Stepfon

• Jimmy.

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, peterstyles13 said:

Just because they're both forms of RIAA certifications, it doesn't mean they are worth the same thing and should be included. They are separated on RIAA's website for a reason. 

A platinum album certification is worth ~$10,000,000 of pure album sales or 1.5 billion streams (1 album unit = 1500 streams)

A platinum single certification is worth ~$1,000,000 of pure single sales or 150M streams (1 single unit = 150 streams)

Album certifications are mathematically worth 10 times more than single certifications. Combining them as if they're equal makes no sense. 

Yeah it makes the thread misleading

but I mean if you compare the op's faves album certs to single certs it becomes obvious why

• 2 weeks later...

Ellie Goulding got all her certifications updated :jonny: 

Lights - 1x Platinum

Halcyon - 1x Platinum

Delirium - 1x Platinum

Love Me Like You Do - 5x Platinum

Lights - 5x Platinum

Burn - 4x Platinum

On My Mind - 2x Platinum

Anything Could Happen - 2x Platinum

I Need Your Love - 2x Platinum

Beating Heart - 1x Gold

Your Song - 1x Gold

Something in the Way You Move - 1x Gold

Starry Eyed - 1x Gold

How Long Will I Love You - 1x Gold

Hanging On - 1x Gold

Summit - 1x Gold

First Time - 1x Gold

3m albums + 24m singles.

Total: 27M units certified! :jonny: 

This list is misleading Janet sold way more albums and her singles cost 3-5 times what any single costs nowadays which is why Ive always thought they shouldve gone to a revenue model for tracking sales ages ago.

Nicki MinajAriana GrandeCarrie Underwood and Meghan Trainor are all non-movers. Nicki is aiming for that Top 3 spot.

As for movers, Ella Mai moves 2 spots up mainly thanks to her debut album being certified Gold.

The biggest gainer in this update is Ellie Goulding who moves 28 spots right into Top 30 thanks to all her discography being re-certified.

Ellie :clap3: All of the Gold album tracks, whew! Streaming queen!

Her being more certified than Kelly though, jfc :toofunny2: 

• 2 weeks later...

With the most recent updated certifications by RIAA, only Beyoncé and Halsey moves up the list a little - both thanks to certs of their features ("Mi Gente" and "Eastside"). Both of them moves 3 spots above and Beyoncé is now #17 while Halsey enters Top 30 surpassing names like Kelly Clarkson.

14. BRITNEY SPEARS: 47,4 million records sold (11,5 million singles + 34,5 million albums + 1,4 million videos

add 25M+ on singles and 5M on albums she'd b #8

2 hours ago, slw84 said:

14. BRITNEY SPEARS: 47,4 million records sold (11,5 million singles + 34,5 million albums + 1,4 million videos

add 25M+ on singles and 5M on albums she'd b #8

Actually I made a mistake and she's at 50,4 million. I forgot to add 3x Platinum certification of "Scream & Shout".

2 hours ago, FanOfPop said:

Actually I made a mistake and she's at 50,4 million. I forgot to add 3x Platinum certification of "Scream & Shout".

:clap3:

It’s ridiculous how under certified Beyoncé is smh. She would be in the top 10 if updated. 

Edited by QueenBeyoncé

7 hours ago, FanOfPop said:

With the most recent updated certifications by RIAA, only Beyoncé and Halsey moves up the list a little - both thanks to certs of their features ("Mi Gente" and "Eastside"). Both of them moves 3 spots above and Beyoncé is now #17 while Halsey enters Top 30 surpassing names like Kelly Clarkson.

Wow, she passed Selena Gomez. A legend!!!:jonny5:

• 2 weeks later...

OP updated.

Halsey and Demi Lovato move 1 spot with the most recent update.

Carrie Underwood, Nicki Minaj and Camila Cabello are stellar even though they got one new cert.

The newbie on this list - Zara Larsson entering at #71.

Shakira's Deja Vu and El Dorado were both updated (not sure if you updated or not), thanks

• 2 weeks later...

OP updated.

Ariana Grande enters Top 15. Also, Jhene Aiko and Sia move one spot too.

Cardi B and Anne-Marie are non-movers but got new certs too.

How on earth does Drake have more certified single units than Rihanna? And more certified units overall?

Ariana!  And she still has a lot more to update. :clap3:

• 2 weeks later...

Updated. (I decided to put in the OP only Top 40 females. I have saved the rest so if you're curious just ask.)

There is one notable movement - Kesha jumps straight to Top 15 - she's occupying #15 right now thanks to all her discography being re-certified by her label.

Halsey and Ellie Goulding both add another certs to their lists, but overall move one spot down due to Kesha's big jump.

Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj, Lady Gaga, Selena Gomez and Cardi B all remains stable after new certifications.

Edited by FanOfPop

RCA finally getting their coins together to certify her **** properly, something that hadn't been done since literally 2011. :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.