Beyoncé

Kisuke

BeyBronts
4 hours ago, Punch said:

They forgot that B isnt in her 20s no more and a naturally curvy woman who gave birth to 3 children . If they think she will look like 011 weight wise ....I accept and Love B how she is and just want her to be happy i have no expectations of he rlooking "snatched" tbh .

:clap3::heart:

• Replies 124.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ShouldersSideways

• Destiny

• Crescendolls.

• 6_INCH_HEELS

MrLovett
8 hours ago, BeyBronts said:

The body policing in this base sometimes, SMH :biblio:

It makes me really uncomfortable and not want to post in the Basé. :skull:

Cbreezy

I'm actually happy there is (respectful) conversation about her body. Because I think about the politics of it all often. Especially relative to B7 and the future beyond.

I'm somewhere between "ok, activate beast mode" and let's establish a "new normal".

I'm all for the pregnancy changes the body and getting older talk. Because both are true. But the simple reality is that Beyonce is renowned as one of the fiercest, most dynamic, and most sports-like agile performers of her time. As well as one of the world's most desirable beauties. She is also is peddling an athleisure line now. So, there IS an unavoidable visual expectation of...her.

And while it may be unfair, a gender double standard, and we as stans may not care, the GP (who make up a large part of her audience)...will. Or at the very least will notice and activate debate around her body in ways that will distract from the music. 

She doesn't owe anyone her body (which is important to stress), but outside of standom..Beyonce is one of the world's most notable BRANDS. So, much like people have an installed expectation of what they get when they buy CocaCola, they also have installed expectations with her...that she established. 

More than anything, I'm Team Beyonce the human-being first and foremost. And to a degree I'm not worried because she's proven that she can adapt and slay while heavier (Black Is King was a masterclass in celebrating curves and drawing on wardrobe and editing to ensure she was painted in the best light possible). 

I still think "Beast Mode" is pending, though. Mainly because touring continues to be her end game. And the shows she is renowned for delivering require athlete-like conditioning. In a live environment, there isn't the benefit of controlling the edit with 50,000 cameras a night snapping her from every angle. She's militant about her image, so I can't envisage a reality where she she doesn't factor that in. 

I think this next phase of her career will see her embrace the Janet approach. "Beast mode" when it's game-time and relaxed and unbothered when in off-season.

And who is policing her body, no one said they hate how she looks. We all appreciated her recent photoshoot. 

However that is not HER norm before an era. She usually looks curvier in between eras and when she starts to train for the tour , performances etc, you can SEE it.

The base is empty, falls on page 6 and beyond because most of you can't understand a sentence and/or are overly sensitive. 

21 hours ago, Unusualyou said:

Schooling life is in Bey’s best song 

One of, definitely. The comment about the production or whatever on the fwe past pages is just whatever. 

17 hours ago, Space&Time said:

I was thinking about her 'shape' or fitness too and wondering if maybe she just is over trying to be "thin" or what we think is "In shape"

Either way, it doesn't feel like anything is about to happen anytime soon.

That's also a very strong possibility, I agree. 

I was also thinking maybe The Gift is proof but it's just a long music video, there was no tour supporting it, no performances etc. I mean look at her body just for Homecoming, she looked like an athlete. 

-----

Edit : Unrelated to the thread or almost but scanning through the forum and the way Normani is hated  here for no reason, is given no chance at all is very reminscent of how they treat Bey. And the nerve of tem to justify it by saying they hate her and are celebrating her failure because "too much Twitter hype and likes, she was compared to Bey from the beginning etc". The girl might be a bit lazy and maybe she has or doesn't star power but a bunch of the girls being praised here everyday for doing the bare minimum have no star power either, hype and lack any discerning skills. 

Edited by BnPac
error

she’s just got that mummy bod atm y’all, it’s pretty clear spending time with her babies is her first priority for now. i used to love hugging my mum in her squishy eras:jonny5:

Clarksonator

Homecoming already at 650M on Spotify alone. Deserves 650B :clap3:

Island Goddess

There is a tendency for fan forums to step out of boundaries discussing female artists bodies

However there is nothing wrong with a fan acknowledging bey is not in performance/music mode presently

Beyonce herself has used her body and getting in shape for a new era for her own financial and career benefit

Whether covering fitness magazine before her solo debut , maple syrup diet, 22 days vegan and so forth

Best believe when it’s time for a new era she will be hawking something diet/fitness related too 

Island Goddess

Many of the flex park pieces are sold out already. 

I really wanted that one piece in S or M but only the plus size is available :chick3:

At least Ivy park is standing on its own feet without bey, so that’s good I guess 

Comedor
On 7/20/2021 at 5:14 PM, yonsé said:

j*y finally spotted wearing IVP

Gross.

Anyway! Anyone looking to buy pieces from this collection?

I'm eyeing the outfit Jay is wearing but it might be too bright and attention drawing. :skull:

Edited by Comedor
Comedor

Whatever, I just bought the shirt, I know I'm gonna regret if I don't. And if I can't wear it in the city, then maybe when I go beach side. I love the cut and color, I hope it fits well. :foxaylove:

MrPiggyMoka
19 hours ago, Punch said:

Over Normani ? 

B is a once in a lifetime Artist like MJ etc there will only be one !

Normani's non-existent vocals? yes

MrPiggyMoka
19 hours ago, MrLovett said:

Doja? Chlöe? Normani? There are artists out here who are serving performance ability.

Not me forgetting about Chloe :toofunny3:

2 hours ago, Comedor said:

Gross.

Anyway! Anyone looking to buy pieces from this collection?

I'm eyeing the outfit Jay is wearing but it might be too bright and attention drawing. :skull:

sksksks :rip:

i got the trunks, slides, and the towel. i passed on the full mens outfit cause it's giving traffic cone. 

MrLovett
57 minutes ago, MrPiggyMoka said:

As if Dua is some powerhouse vocalist. :rip: They both serve passable vocals, with great stage presence and then wildly differing dance levels. :toofunny3:

1 hour ago, MrPiggyMoka said:

dua isn't a vocalist either...normani at least can hit an 8 count.

dua's cute though i won't do too much on her cause she has been improving on stage.

MONSTER NAVY
On 7/15/2021 at 1:01 AM, mariposa said:

I want Bey to collaborate with Black Pumas. Either on a track for her or their album or allow them to give B7 the Boots treatment. If she does that, say hello to stadium anthems for another 40 years

Something like this would be glorious with her vocals too 

UGH YOUR TASTE. 

ROSALIE AND COLORS ARE AMAZING SONGS.

i highkey want a very woodsy dark blue aesthetic alt/ r&b infused with rock album which is very left-field with songs like rosalie and collabs with jack white, arcade fire, kali uchis. 

6 minutes ago, PrettyHurts said:

this is the most cheap, phoned-in, useless ivp collection yet :rip:

That black recolor was worst imo, at least this one is serving new pieces. The orange shirt is legit great.

18 minutes ago, PrettyHurts said:

its interesting that they only chose one color this drop. they could've done so much with swimwear/summer colors.

a kimono/robe, more mens swimsuit selections (the monogram print?), a speedo/something cute for the gays, etc

Edited by yonsé
ShouldersSideways
8 hours ago, PrettyHurts said:

the selfie of her with the window 3/4 up in the car in front of the display is representative of the effort pull into this collection :skull: to be fair, its a capsule collection, but i have noticed her fanbase is over it. We need music before any other Ivy Park drops. 

11 hours ago, PrettyHurts said:

Lol. To be fair, it was always billed as a small capsule (think a .5 rather than a proper launch) ahead of a bigger collection in the Fall. That was direct from adidas in a WWD article announcing this capsule.

I think they are purposefully litmus testing what a campaign without Bey at the forefront would do. Ultimately, that should be the end goal to have a sustainable brand. Aka being able to stand without Bey plastered all over it. Essentially what Rihanna (who still occasionally fronts Fenty stuff) has successfully managed to pull off. 

23 hours ago, MrLovett said:

As if Dua is some powerhouse vocalist. :rip: They both serve passable vocals, with great stage presence and then wildly differing dance levels. :toofunny3:

Girl what? Actually listen to Dua's vocals, she is a very good singer. Go look at her live performances where it's only her singing without dancing, she is VERY talented. Normani on the other hand :skull: