Beyoncé

Kisuke

Draper.
36 minutes ago, Pepo said:

She definitely wasn't lying there lol

Her fav songs off that album were Satellites and Hello, part of the I Am... side. 

In addition, your second statement can't be applied to her circumstance given that Bee handles the setlist of her tours first and foremost based on whichever songs she thinks the public that attends her shows may enjoy the most. 

To think that her intimate concerts rarely include uptempos says a lot about her persona.

She's very much into ballads, as she had stated many times, but chooses not to perform them that often now sadly. 

Also, she needs to keep her voice working for the entirety of the tour (and the rest of her career). It's easier to do it if you do rap-singing songs instead of ballads. Same reason why she doesn't do Deja Vu. 

• Replies 123.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ShouldersSideways

• Destiny

• Crescendolls.

• 6_INCH_HEELS

PrudenceHCharmed

Currently listening to NO ANGEL. 

NO ANGEL, HAUNTED, DADDY LESSONS are career highlights.

1 hour ago, Draper. said:

Also, she needs to keep her voice working for the entirety of the tour (and the rest of her career). It's easier to do it if you do rap-singing songs instead of ballads. Same reason why she doesn't do Deja Vu. 

No, she already saved her voice enough. 

Her last tour took place in 2018, namely three years ago, also the only real challenging song to sing live at that time was Resentment. Plus the fact she had to share the stage with Jay reinforces my point. 

Now I want her to serve Vocals again. 

giRLbye.
2 minutes ago, Pepo said:

From your fingertips to God's ears....IT'S TIME.

Draper.
14 minutes ago, Pepo said:

No, she already saved her voice enough. 

Her last tour took place in 2018, namely three years ago, also the only real challenging song to sing live at that time was Resentment. Plus the fact she had to share the stage with Jay reinforces my point. 

I don't mean she should keep doing it, I mean she needs to in order to do a full tour. Of course she's rested now, but it's not the same doing a couple Coachella concerts where you can give your all than doing a 50 nights tour. 

JollyRancher
Posted (edited)

I have grown to love IASF so much over the years.

Disappear is angelic. If I Were a Boy, Halo, Smash Into You are immaculate tracks. That's Why You're Beautiful is great too, the production and vocal harmonies at the end are beautiful. I Am side is better than disc 2. I do absolutely adore Hello tho. It's one of my all time favorite Bey songs. I still play it a couple times a week. Not to mention the live performance of it are so so good...when she goes off at the end!

Throw in Why Don't You Love Me and the album is fire. I find myself playing the individual tracks on IASF more than any tracks on Selftitled. 

Edited by JollyRancher
giRLbye.

IASF is her most streamed album but it feels like that album has the least known or talked about album tracks. Even the locals know songs like Love Drought, I Care, Kitty Kat, Mine, Freakum Dress, Signs, Speechless, etc on other various albums. Beyonce made "Hello" one of the highlights on the tour but she hasn't touched it since. It could've really been that girl like "I Care" has been.

Tripthelight

A true highlight :heart2:

Also really timeless, perfect combo of vocal and rap/sing bey. I’d love to hear Chloe cover it on the gram. 

mariposa

Hello really is one of her standout album tracks. It was an amazing opener for IAY and I wish she'd bring it back in the future

G'Day
1 hour ago, giRLbye. said:

IASF is her most streamed album but it feels like that album has the least known or talked about album tracks. Even the locals know songs like Love Drought, I Care, Kitty Kat, Mine, Freakum Dress, Signs, Speechless, etc on other various albums. Beyonce made "Hello" one of the highlights on the tour but she hasn't touched it since. It could've really been that girl like "I Care" has been.

I think that’s because it had such huge hits + so many songs were singles (literally 8/16 of the standard tracks were singles)

It’s also her album w/ the most # of songs (at least the standard version of her albums)

BeyBronts

Be With You really doesn't get enough credit:WAP: 

I'd rather be with chu-huuuu yeayeahhhh :katie2:

Triton

Hello could have been on the I Am side, I think because she is rap/singing and it’s a tad bit more midtempo she put it on the Sasha side. The love version with that “HeeeeeeelloooooOOWH!” growl is immaculate. 

IASF would have been better received critically if she kept the album as one and made the track list blend smoothly or had a better explanation for it. Look at Lemonade, way more diverse but still coherent due to the story. 

Given how she released dual singles, she really could have milked it longer. Anyways, the ambition was at an all time high, she wanted it to be iconic and it was. Halo was the dark horse that served longevity and Single Ladies did its job right off the bat. 

Justice for Save The Hero, Scared of Lonely and Smash Into You. Utter gems. 

Hated the theme of Ego but loved the sound, Video Phone was meh, but she served looks in the video. Sweet Dreams is perfection and I loved that it forced her to make the video and perform it. Radio is so cringe now, the beat was cool, just the damn lyrics. The Thierry Mugler costumes were great and glad she got him back and basically revived the house after so many years. 

I still want her to work with more dance producers, she did something with the Freemasons which we never herd, but she worked with them after they remixed some of the BDay singles which I herd before COVID at clubs. 

Ugh, an ERA. For as much as it’s bashed, she did did everything we could ask and more with it. Now look at us, scrambling for scraps and stanning an Instagram mom. 

Devin
5 minutes ago, 99sandthe2000s said:

:clap3:

Classic still getting attention :clap3:

I wonder will B7 top this album

trainsskyscrapers

Hmmm... First numbers/predictions are out:

Not bad at all. :celestial5:

Is "Harmonies By The Hive" getting credited on the Hot 100 next week?

The name is credited on YouTube, ITunes, and Apple Music, but I'm unsure regarding Spotify, Amazon Music, and Radio. It's a toss-up.

Devin
1 minute ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

Hmmm... First numbers/predictions are out:

Not bad at all. :celestial5:

Is "Harmonies By The Hive" getting credited on the Hot 100 next week?

The name is credited on YouTube, ITunes, and Apple Music, but I'm unsure regarding Spotify, Amazon Music, and Radio. It's a toss-up.

Interesting. :celestial5:

SashaDevachelli

The way I just performed Why Don’t You Love Me in the car:jonny4: 

SAYY WHY?

(WHY?)

EVEN LOUDER WHY?

(WHY)

EVERYBODY, WHY???

200.gif

Devin
14 minutes ago, SashaDevachelli said:

The way I just performed Why Don’t You Love Me in the car:jonny4: 

SAYY WHY?

(WHY?)

EVEN LOUDER WHY?

(WHY)

EVERYBODY, WHY???

200.gif

A bop I haven’t heard in a long time!

200.gif

king_queen
7 hours ago, Tripthelight said:

“Say hello to Nikki on the drums!”:WAP:

Play!

Playyyyy!!!

PLAY!!

NICKI NICKI!!!

PLAAAYYYY!!!!

PLA AYYYYYY!

PLAAYY AY AY AY-UH

heeeEEEEELLOOOOOOOO

Tripthelight
12 minutes ago, king_queen said:

Play!

Playyyyy!!!

PLAY!!

NICKI NICKI!!!

PLAAAYYYY!!!!

PLA AYYYYYY!

PLAAYY AY AY AY-UH

heeeEEEEELLOOOOOOOO

:clap3:A moment, most pleasing. :WAP:

Armani👑
2 hours ago, 99sandthe2000s said:

The way we werent even close to charting really, but at the same time we were:rip:

SoJro101

A Songs in the Key of Life type record from Bey would be legendary 

Tripthelight
45 minutes ago, SoJro101 said:

A Songs in the Key of Life type record from Bey would be legendary 

It really would. The messages are so uplifting with an undeniable groove. I also think she’s the only artist who could find a way to make that sound unique to her. 

SoJro101
18 minutes ago, Tripthelight said:

It really would. The messages are so uplifting with an undeniable groove. I also think she’s the only artist who could find a way to make that sound unique to her. 

I was just glossing on over that album and there are so many timeless classics. I actually could see her going this route, especially considering the last projects have been so concept heavy. Fingers crossed this is on the mood board. If she comes back with a reinterpretation or anything like this though it is over… done… for everybody. Seriously that would be massive.