Feedback Wanted in ATRL's First Townhall Read more... ×

82,822 posts in this topic

Hilly
39 minutes ago, Island Goddess said:

I don’t understand the obsession with a documentary tbh , it’s not like she will delve to deep into anything. I have no problem with that , the less focus on marriage (which is an inevitable topic) the better.

All she needs to do really is upload bts on YouTube like ST era or even mini docs like b’day/4 era. 

if she puts out a doc and doesn’t touch intimate details , she will just get dragged again by the media and public for being inauthentic/unreleateable 

Honestly I just want BTS for LEM, Beychella, even EIL/OTRII if she wants 

It’s just really interesting to see her work, no matter the format 

Keith

I don't care to hear about her personal life, I only want to know about the music. I really enjoyed watching Year of 4 and the 5 part series she did for ST. 

Island Goddess
2 hours ago, Hilly said:

Honestly I just want BTS for LEM, Beychella, even EIL/OTRII if she wants 

It’s just really interesting to see her work, no matter the format 

I agree except Eil/otr

The lack of BTS for Lemonade is extremely odd to me.

Her most critically acclaimed visual work and silence. 

I don’t get the thought process tbh. 

The filming of pray you catch me alone would be amazing to see , the underwater green screen!!!

ShouldersSideways
1 hour ago, Island Goddess said:

I agree except Eil/otr

The filming of pray you catch me alone would be amazing to see , the underwater green screen!!!

It's probably because she already took a huge step out of her comfort zone by revealing something so personal. I don't think we appreciate the magnitude of what she did. To go from barely even acknowledging she's married (until she had blue) and then revealing one of the most painful experiences of her life within a few short years is a big step.

Also, I think seeing the technical aspects behind Lemonade could strip some of the raw, realness to it. Sometimes you don't need to see behind the curtain.

On the other hand... they could do an entire doc about making Coachella happen 

ShouldersSideways

If she pivots with her next album and goes in a new direction, I think she'll choose new directors, too. 

I want her to stay away from Khalil Joseph. He seems like trouble from some of the remarks i've seen him make about Lemonade.

trainsskyscrapers
4 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

If she pivots with her next album and goes in a new direction, I think she'll choose new directors, too. 

I want her to stay away from Khalil Joseph. He seems like trouble from some of the remarks i've seen him make about Lemonade.

Ditto. 

tomaseba

Is it true that B was in Barcelona shooting something last weekend? 

ShouldersSideways
33 minutes ago, tomaseba said:

Is it true that B was in Barcelona shooting something last weekend? 

no, a restaurant posted a tbt of her from years ago and people jumped to conclusions thinking she was there now

B3000

Y’all know how Beyoncé kinda reinvented herself with Selftitled. I think she needs to do that again with B7. I think she will tho

trainsskyscrapers
1 hour ago, B3000 said:

Y’all know how Beyoncé kinda reinvented herself with Selftitled. I think she needs to do that again with B7. I think she will tho

I wonder if she will "re-brand" into Mama-mode like Serena Williams, use Boss as foreshadowing, build on the Partition sexy-mama branding, continue the African/Yoruba royalty motifs, or a combo. 

ShouldersSideways
28 minutes ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

I wonder if she will "re-brand" into Mama-mode like Serena Williams, use Boss as foreshadowing, build on the Partition sexy-mama branding, continue the African/Yoruba royalty motifs, or a combo. 

I'd say she transitioned into the mother figure in 2013 and the passed few years have just been a gradual evolution even further into it. It was smart to do so at such a young age and only someone that has been relevant so long at such a young age could get away with it. I think that's why ageism won't affect her the way it has other acts. There's never been a jarring moment where she went from sexual pop act to enlightened matriarch. She blurs the lines so well.

Alesus
3 hours ago, ShouldersSideways said:

I hope he flops for the rest of his life. Ungrateful, entitled trash.

5 hours ago, Island Goddess said:

I agree except Eil/otr

Not to me. You think it's odd she didn't want to directly address Jay's infidelity?

Draper.
33 minutes ago, Alesus said:

Not to me. You think it's odd she didn't want to directly address Jay's infidelity?

Again, nobody is asking for this! She can address it strictly in musical terms or visual creation. You can see the BTS for ST or 4, she barely addresses the themes of the album. 

ShouldersSideways
32 minutes ago, Draper. said:

Again, nobody is asking for this! She can address it strictly in musical terms or visual creation. You can see the BTS for ST or 4, she barely addresses the themes of the album. 

But to discuss the songs in this instance is to directly address the infidelity. It would be hard to even show footage of her recording something like don't hurt yourself without addressing the elephant in the room. 

Nemo

I think B7 will contain a lot of sex/sexy songs. Could be/hope I'm wrong but I think that's what we're getting.

ShouldersSideways

*-ChriZ-*

At this point of just want to be wowed again, which is basically a given if she does her own thing without Mr. Camel. Hearing her for TLK will be amazing already.

It'll be so weird to hear her voice on the radio again tho. That's how far we've come after IASF :rip:

nooniebao
1 hour ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

At this point of just want to be wowed again, which is basically a given if she does her own thing without Mr. Camel. Hearing her for TLK will be amazing already.

It'll be so weird to hear her voice on the radio again tho. That's how far we've come after IASF :rip:

Doesn’t urban radio still support her? Do you mean rhythmic or Top 40 formats?

*-ChriZ-*
3 minutes ago, nooniebao said:

Doesn’t urban radio still support her? Do you mean rhythmic or Top 40 formats?

I meant European radio :rip:

ShouldersSideways
1 hour ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

there's no guarantee that's gonna happen even with TLK

Rafael

Gaga stans are insuferable today... Gosh.

Alesus
4 hours ago, Rafael said:

Gaga stans are insuferable today... Gosh.

All this noise for an award she will not be winning :deadbanana4:

9 hours ago, Draper. said:

Is it crack?