Best of 2018 is now open! Read more... ×

82,126 posts in this topic

Kassi

Yeah, I don't like the idea of her putting up the album on streaming from day 1. But the year long gap is fine with me.

Adele still runs on that release timeline. And all it does is boost your sales by a few extra since even people who bought the album will stream it out of convenience. Right now, I have to open my iTunes app and switch from Spotify to reach Lemonade. So I'd easily shift all my plays of Lemonade to Spotify if it were available. 

(And I think even doing it like Taylor and releasing it to streaming one week later is still too early. :mandown:)

BKTweets12
1 hour ago, MrPiggyMoka said:

Nuclear is amazing... The harmonies are amazing and Bey low notes... Are you guys deaf?

giphy.gif

Sis, I've been saying this for years but you gotta just leave those without taste...to miss out. 

giphy.gif

PrettyHurts
10 minutes ago, Kassi said:

Yeah, I don't like the idea of her putting up the album on streaming from day 1. But the year long gap is fine with me.

Adele still runs on that release timeline. And all it does is boost your sales by a few extra since even people who bought the album will stream it out of convenience. Right now, I have to open my iTunes app and switch from Spotify to reach Lemonade. So I'd easily shift all my plays of Lemonade to Spotify if it were available. 

(And I think even doing it like Taylor and releasing it to streaming one week later is still too early. :mandown:)

ok so two weeks or a month later 

celinfwo_zps4557f77d.thumb.PNG.f3a600a2e

Kassi
3 minutes ago, PrettyHurts said:

ok so two weeks or a month later 

No. Let people buy the album first and satisfy their curiosity. 

The least amount of time I see is 6 months. 

PrettyHurts
3 minutes ago, Kassi said:

No. Let people buy the album first and satisfy their curiosity. 

The least amount of time I see is 6 months. 

3 months

lemonade.

1-3 months is fine for a TIDAL exclusive. Anything longer is pushing it. Also the "cheap streams" narrative only works when you're not pulling numbers. When you're at Beyoncé's level and you're literally pulling in billions of streams, that revenue truly does add up... she's not  Mya or Ashanti come on now

chaeyonce
1 hour ago, Crescendolls. said:

I don't see yall bopping to that Flop Off trash anymore, what happened ?

giphy.gif

Just like shinin', those trash features have no replay value but you always gon have delusional Hive who hypes this typa mes

54d2da74e0493973479dc14864a69064.jpg

*No Angel*

Beyond gorgeous :jonny5::jonny5::jonny5:

*No Angel*

Bundle the album sale to the tour ticket while putting the album on all streaming platforms... 1 mill debut on lock and Beys bills are paid for another 2 years :mandown:

ShouldersSideways
2 hours ago, Superpower said:

It's 2018 and streaming is the present. 

Streaming companies got bigger and will only continue to get bigger.

The problem with Tidal is, people think it's another way for artists to make more money and people think it's more expensive than Apple Music. It's hard to feel sorry for a group of people who have a combined net worth of $10B

Im personally against free Spotify, but Apple Music is a must.

ph8y3367vo2qbwe.gif

sis, you're serving slw84 with this gp gif

IMG_5093.thumb.JPG.a5396e8d9672dc7c24492

ShouldersSideways
28 minutes ago, *No Angel* said:

Bundle the album sale to the tour ticket while putting the album on all streaming platforms... 1 mill debut on lock and Beys bills are paid for another 2 years :mandown:

i think tour bundles will be the industry standard by the time her next solo album releases in 2020/21. 

it's this year i'm nervous about

*No Angel*
7 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

i think tour bundles will be the industry standard by the time her next solo album releases in 2020/21. 

it's this year i'm nervous about

100%. If they don't bundle the joint album they deserve to flop and are out of touch. And if Jay pulls a Sprint buying a million copies stunt wooo I will be a full blown OJZH 

BabyCantYouSee

I hope this album doesn't end up becoming uninspired now that Jay's in the picture. I wonder what they're going to talk about together as well as the sound. 

ShouldersSideways
2 minutes ago, BabyCantYouSee said:

I hope this album doesn't end up becoming uninspired now that Jay's in the picture. I wonder what they're going to talk about together as well as the sound. 

yeah, i think the general consensus is that we're all worried he just can't keep up and she's going to have to lower her standards for him.

BabyCantYouSee
1 minute ago, ShouldersSideways said:

yeah, i think the general consensus is that we're all worried he just can't keep up and she's going to have to lower her standards for him.

It's like bro just let her do her thing. You're already worth a billion dollars. 

This is all just too disappointing. I don't understand how some are more angry about the joint tour than the joint album when both 4 and BEY are 9/10+ and Lemonade is a true masterpiece from start to finish + is extremely meaningful. Jay knows he's way past his peak both commercially and artistically while Beyonce is currently at her peak both commercially and artistically, which is why I'm so pissed he'd willingly ruin her streak of greatness like this. It's not like his career is in a poor state right now either. Like I said, he's now worth approximately a billion. 

I won't be too mad if the album is a Watch the Throne 2.0 aka full of bops, but it'd still be such a huge decline from Lemonade. Anything with Jay involved will be a huge decline from Lemonade (most likely) which just makes me sad. I was so looking forward to this new era and I finally wanted to see her in concert but I'm not tryna spend hundreds of dollars to watch Jay take over the stage half the time. It's not worth it. I should've just followed my gut and bought those crappy tickets for the FWT. 

ShouldersSideways
1 minute ago, BabyCantYouSee said:

I finally wanted to see her in concert but I'm not tryna spend hundreds of dollars to watch Jay take over the stage half the time. It's not worth it. I should've just followed my gut and bought those crappy tickets for the FWT. 

I will say I really enjoyed OTR, if that's any consolation. He put on a good show and her energy was out of this world. 

but i get it. i've accepted it is what it is so now i'm just trying to be optimistic but it's definitely not what i was hoping for.

BabyCantYouSee
2 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

I will say I really enjoyed OTR, if that's any consolation. He put on a good show and her energy was out of this world. 

but i get it. i've accepted it is what it is so now i'm just trying to be optimistic but it's definitely not what i was hoping for.

OTR was good as a side project. But a full on era with Jay? Nah.

He's really ruining Bey's legacy. Formation could have been a HUGE actual smash hit in the US if it was released on Spotify. Lemonade could have served the longevity ANTI has if it was released on Spotify.

Triton
2 hours ago, chaeyonce said:

Just like shinin', those trash features have no replay value but you always gon have delusional Hive who hypes this typa mes

54d2da74e0493973479dc14864a69064.jpg

Another cute lil top 20.... at least it did better than Shinning but another forgotten Walking on Water 

Superpower

Maybe she wants people to lower their expectations before her next project. That certainly explains her recent collabs and the upcoming joint. 

Kinda smart tbh

IMG_5093.thumb.JPG.a5396e8d9672dc7c24492

QueenBeyoncé
12 hours ago, Superpower said:

She's still an Instagram model. She promotes diets and clothes but never promotes her new songs :sorry: 

---

Apple Music is showing her lots of love today

wxHbtXG.jpg

RTW top song on Essential Feminism.

Flawless top song on Who Runs The World.

:clap3: 

0Abb2Wx.jpg

And the the fact that she's first in Hip/Hop and R&B. They made Madonna #1 in Pop.

---

Spotify also has RTW at #1

The impact :clap3: 

jane

What Bey needs to do and many artists should try the same, is release one version of the album on streaming sites and another one with more tracks on Itunes to buy. Add stuff to please everyone while allowing people to choose the way they get the project. Beyonce actually has some fans from the old school age who are going to buy her albums no matter what, that's where she is different than the average pop girl, she has those mature black women, folks who have aged with her since Destiny's child and those women in their 30s now still identify with her because Bey stays authentic in her music, she is not selling something fake like most pop girls, her music speaks to grown women too. She doesn't have to worry too much about losing that base but right now she needs to do a bit more to keep her international fans.

Kool_Aid_King

It's that time of season

DO5aZDjV4AA_Djz.jpg

Destiny
6 hours ago, giRLbye. said:

still dont get the obsession over Lemonade not being available on streaming other than being desperate for numbers to taunt other fanbases

Even if that was the case, is that such a bad thing? :huh: