Zero Tolerance for Hate Speech Read more... ×

83,269 posts in this topic

accelgors

i sooooooooooo don't want to go to class omg

i mean, attendance isn't required for my class today, but if i don't go i miss lecture material that's on the test :S i'm just so tired skldfjasd

Latinazza
On 3/9/2018 at 10:31 PM, LoKoPaNdA said:

Sis I'm finally back, and wow. A stunning campus and wonderful library. The people seemed nice. I met other applicants with interesting stories, like a Korean-Paraguayan girl who wants to research Asian immigration in Latin America :jonny: She spoke Korean, Spanish, Guaraní and English...how cool is that?

As far as research interests, though, it's not quite a fit for me :'( And the chair of the department was...an odd character to say the least. He told me something in private about doing an exchange program and contradicted himself later during a dinner. Then he also said after mentioning I live in the South that Stanford "is a very civilized place" which... :rip: He also insisted I mention my other choices so he could talk bad about them (I did not tell him though :-* ). 

Overall the community seems nice but in spite of all their money, the department is quite small. What I ended up liking the most was the name (cause I know "Stanford" alone commands authority and respect), cause otherwise for my purposes they're...okay, I guess.

It's also quite a bubble, bubble. Palo Alto seems like a very boring town. Like this:

Sorry about the late reply. I had been really busy. For now just keep a list with the pluses and minuses from each visit. They will help you make the final decision. The great thing is that you have lots of excellent options. Think geography, academic quality, social opportunities, funding for summer and conferences, and long term outlook (be not afraid to ask about job placements for recent grads).

Cantaloupe.
4 hours ago, KasioKas said:

Is it zombified like a WW? :fan:

You're such a bully :'(

wabayou

Two snow days in a row. I get to study more for a test I know nothing about

iYvAhju.gif

Truly winning :fan: 

moijejoue

I had a teacher in junior high who stood there and watched as I was bullied and did nothing and sometime later told me it was my fault that I got bullied at school and that made me feel like **** for years.

I recently found her FB because I wanted to curse her out (on my anon page) and block her and I found out she was recently fighting breast cancer.

I low key felt ecstatic. Karma keeps receipts. :fan:

AvrilLaQueen
7 hours ago, PrinceMichaelFan said:

Oh wow that’s also my fave song. The chorus is very striking to the ear. He has taste. 

Have you heard his song that ended racism between whites and blacks?

lVLyBvj.gif

7 hours ago, PrinceMichaelFan said:

George being woke in 1987

Her mother called her angel
So imagine her surprise
When she walked into the party
With a black boy by her side
She said you don't understand me
I can never win
Sometimes i get angry
I'm the girl with combination skin

lVLyBvj.gif

ahhhh, why didn't I get into Boy George earlier??

lVLyBvj.gif

KasioKas
4 hours ago, Canta. said:

You're such a bully :'(

aww nooo i'm just messing around :fan: :emofish:

@Daddy isn't here for me to tease anymore

KasioKas
6 hours ago, wabayou said:

How do I sharpen a gif without photoshop and without ruining it like ezgif does? :noparty: 

It looks fine why do you want to sharpen it.. I mean.. it looks fine in quality but the gif itself is... nice. :smile:

wabayou
Just now, KasioKas said:

It looks fine why do you want to sharpen it.. I mean.. it looks fine in quality but the gif itself is... nice. :smile:

It was the avi I had before. :smile: 

Cantaloupe.
7 minutes ago, KasioKas said:

aww nooo i'm just messing around :fan: :emofish:

I know :lmao: 

Somebody come help me rearrange my Pop collection @Dessy @Aion

LoKoPaNdA
5 hours ago, Latinazza said:

Sorry about the late reply. I had been really busy. For now just keep a list with the pluses and minuses from each visit. They will help you make the final decision. The great thing is that you have lots of excellent options. Think geography, academic quality, social opportunities, funding for summer and conferences, and long term outlook (be not afraid to ask about job placements for recent grads).

No problem! Yes, that's what I'm doing so far. I'm glad I have still a couple weeks to decide and will keep all those things in mind :heart2: 

Daddy
17 minutes ago, KasioKas said:

Always here to brighten up your day, babe.

n9tmZA7.gif

KasioKas
36 minutes ago, wabayou said:

Which avi? :eli: 

s6Ox8lA.gifiYvAhju.gif

at least you changed it to something better now.

Changes

I know it happens every year, but the sun being out until like 7 or so now is messing me up a little. :deadbanana:

Dessy
1 hour ago, Canta. said:

I know :lmao: 

Somebody come help me rearrange my Pop collection @Dessy @Aion

Bottoms to Tops imo. 

Women on top of them. 

LoKoPaNdA

honestly I am going insane waiting on Stanford's decision. Part of me needs a rejection so I won't feel guilty when I say no. If they say yes I am likely saying no? unless the money is like super amazing then I'll think about it I guess

I also wish I didn't have that Indiana visit cause I probably am not attending there, either lol.

All these things I had no clue would happen. It's a pendulum it all comes back around.

artc0cx

*Selena's voice* "But then you make me feel crazy, you make me feel like it's my fault" :biblio::'(

PrinceMichaelFan
On 3/12/2018 at 5:54 PM, Canta. said:

Drink some hot tea. Also you never replied to my DM on Twitter after you said it was important. :rip:

Yes I did but it was a mess.. felt like my body was drugged. 

And I don’t remember our twitter conversation. Maybe I was speaking freaky. :gaycat2: