Best of 2018 is now open! Read more... ×

82,068 posts in this topic

Dynamo
7 minutes ago, Scotland said:
  Hide contents

Ugh, when did I get so depressed. I know I make lots of troll and stupid threads, but some are kinda true, except anything in Base of course. 

I'm just trying to distract myself from my life. I hate it.

Today I realized that I'm only there for people's convenience, and nobody truly wants to talk to me. I'm never anyone's first choice. That sucks but whatever. There's lots of other stuff going on too that I don't wanna get into.

Ur threads are super funny  :gaycat4: Dont pay attention to the haters mom :emofish: 

Lugh

Already miss this woman. I hope she's doing well.

G.U.Y. Gaga

I just messed up an experiment for the 2nd time in one day and like 4th this week. I’m so afraid to go tell my advisor :!ohno:

Spoiler

I don’t get paid it for my research thesis but still :rip: 

artc0cx

I wish i could feel happy and confident all the time

PrinceMichaelFan
1 minute ago, artc0cx said:

I wish i could feel happy and confident all the time

Then be it baby. Nothing is stopping you. :alexz3:

artc0cx
24 minutes ago, PrinceMichaelFan said:

Then be it baby. Nothing is stopping you. :alexz3:

maybe i should try harder 

Lugh

Though I'm content with myself / Sometimes I long to be somewhere else / I try to do what I can, but with our day to day demands / We all need a promised land. Carole :heart2:

Lugh
On 09/03/2018 at 1:45 AM, Canta. said:

Afterward, the seven hundred people in the boats had nothing to do but wait: wait to die, wait to live, wait for an absolution which would never come.

Amen. This is scary. You can't please everyone.

Lugh
4 hours ago, Dessy said:

Maybe it's time for coffee? 

I was advised to drink a lot of water.

lFgAeqT.gif

Lugh

The moral of the story is to not trust anyone. If you all use your heads, the answer as to who did it, is between your paws. That's the name. I'm not killing myself. The immediate danger is close to me. I'm really stuck atm.

Some people refuse to admit their faults as I have mine. Instead, I've spent years leaving a footprint knowing that if I was brave enough to speak, no one would listen. I'd be silenced. People don't want to acknowledge that their system is flawed. That people such as I have suffered due to corruption. That I must sacrifice myself and the welfare of family and friends, for a select few people.

In a much bigger sense, I'm conflicted between two worlds and both cannot get along. This is pretty much the case for everything. I wish I didn't have to be fake in order to please the majority. In order to move on in life.

But I didn't join the net to play Blue's Clues. Let's chill.

lFgAeqT.gif

LoKoPaNdA
On 07/03/2018 at 0:55 PM, Latinazza said:

Excited for ya. Enjoy and make a good impression :duca:

It is quiet but safe and that's a plus (and the area is indeed beautiful). Definitely ask other students about housing; I'm sure they'll offer some good tips (if you have other prospective students with you try to exchange emails in case someone wants to consider having a roommate). 

Sis I'm finally back, and wow. A stunning campus and wonderful library. The people seemed nice. I met other applicants with interesting stories, like a Korean-Paraguayan girl who wants to research Asian immigration in Latin America :jonny: She spoke Korean, Spanish, Guaraní and English...how cool is that?

As far as research interests, though, it's not quite a fit for me :'( And the chair of the department was...an odd character to say the least. He told me something in private about doing an exchange program and contradicted himself later during a dinner. Then he also said after mentioning I live in the South that Stanford "is a very civilized place" which... :rip: He also insisted I mention my other choices so he could talk bad about them (I did not tell him though :-* ). 

Overall the community seems nice but in spite of all their money, the department is quite small. What I ended up liking the most was the name (cause I know "Stanford" alone commands authority and respect), cause otherwise for my purposes they're...okay, I guess.

It's also quite a bubble, bubble. Palo Alto seems like a very boring town. Like this:

Lugh

This isn't a game of monopoly. It's dominoes. My conscious is clear. It'll be surprising one day, for those who wonder, that I haven't trolled anyone. That private conversations I have had were never repeated. That's respect. Information I know was never posted publicly. That's respect. Information I have gotten wrong, was rectified to the best of my knowledge (sometimes much later). Unfortunately, I know each of those people aren't thinking ahead and have spoken to others. That was your choice as was it mine to pick and choose carefully as to what I talked about. I don't have a big mouth, surprisingly.

People suspected I was crazy. I am a bit. Misunderstood. I think we all are. But I digress. Your plans are not my plans. Mine were to entertain myself, research a lot and have discussions. Instead, I am a completely different person - for good and bad reasons. But mostly bad as time passes. Logging off will not resolve the problems we have. No - one must stand before adversity, learn to forgive those who have wronged, be more open, honest and show people that despite my personal issues, I am a person like everyone else and I make mistakes. Thanks.

PrinceMichaelFan
5 hours ago, Dessy said:

Maybe it's time for coffee? 

U drink coffee? How cute lmao. Grown up. 

Dessy
1 hour ago, Have a Cigar said:

I was advised to drink a lot of water.

lFgAeqT.gif

It is an eternal advice. Everything advise to drink water, interact with it even. The world ~70% water. The human's body ~70% water. The moon and clouds, constant reminders of the clear substance that exist in our worlds. Even liquid and "solid" in their non-water form advise so silently to drink water. 

PrinceMichaelFan
2 hours ago, artc0cx said:

maybe i should try harder 

Yes try harder but don’t let anyone influence your confidence. 

Dessy
2 minutes ago, PrinceMichaelFan said:

U drink coffee? How cute lmao. Grown up. 

Everyone drinks coffee...

lFgAeqT.gif

BabyCantYouSee

Does anyone want to buy me ATRL+?  ? 

PrinceMichaelFan
15 minutes ago, Dessy said:

Everyone drinks coffee...

lFgAeqT.gif

:dancehall3: 

PrinceMichaelFan
1 minute ago, Have a Cigar said:

I cannot take a policeman to court. I will lose.

lFgAeqT.gif

Are you white or black? 

lFgAeqT.gif