Zero Tolerance for Hate Speech Read more... ×

Do you cut people out of your life?

61 posts in this topic

Lyrical.

Exes?

Friends who wronged you?

Etc.

I cut out people when they act like they don't have time for me anymore. I only want people in my life who want to put in as much effort as I am.

Raver

Yes. Tops & friends. 

If your dick game wack or you backstab me I will cut you off. 

KKW

Depends on the situation tbh, though I find that I can be a very forgiving soul :'( But yeah, similar to you I stop putting in effort once I see someone doing the same.

Venus XCX
3 minutes ago, Lyrical. said:

I cut out people when they act like they don't have time for me anymore. I only want people in my life who want to put in as much effort as I am.

I did the same last year to a girl who thought she was too cute for me when the popular girls at school gave her a little more attention. Sweetie got so bothered I wouldn't even look at her that she blocked ME :ahh: 

Frawls

literally all the time. sometimes i feel i'm too picky but i have to remind myself they are trash and rightfully deserve none of my time.

7LG1HCd.gif

Bloo

Yes. I started having this personal policy where I cut out people where the relationship is entirely one-sided. I have no interest in that and would rather spend the time to maintain the relationship taking a nap. :zzz:

wesleywalrus

I used to be so stupid. I recently started cutting friends out of my life who flaked a lot or used me. I feel 100% better and happier. Its_what_they_deserve.jpg

Lyrical.
6 minutes ago, Venus XCX said:

I did the same last year to a girl who thought she was too cute for me when the popular girls at school gave her a little more attention. Sweetie got so bothered I wouldn't even look at her that she blocked ME :ahh: 

She sounds pretty dumb. Good riddance!

1 minute ago, Chamoy said:

I'm usually the one getting cut out and/or disposed of.

7LG1HCd.gif

Aw hun, I'll be your friend for life :hug:

KKW
2 minutes ago, Chamoy said:

7LG1HCd.gif

Don't take this offensively sis but maybe it's time to do a little self-reflection then

7LG1HCd.gif

SoulKiwi

I’ve only managed to do so once, and that was because the friendship was just too completely and utterly toxic for an 11 year old to handle :emofish:

I’ve been struggling with it lately. I SHOULD cut this one girl out of my life since she only ever talks when she needs something, and never is there when I need help. However we go way back so I’m having difficulties respecting myself :dancehall: 

Lyrical.
Just now, SoulKiwi said:

I’ve only managed to do so once, and that wasn’t because the friendship was just too completely and utterly toxic for a 11 year old to handle :emofish:

Ive been struggling with it lately. I SHOULD cut this one girl out of my life since she only ever talks when she needs something, and never is there when I need help. However we go way back so I’m having difficulties respecting myself :dancehall: 

Are... you 11 years old?

SoulKiwi
Just now, Lyrical. said:

Are... you 11 years old?

God no :dies: it’s just that the only person I ever truly cut out of my life occured when I was 11

freakum.

Yeah. I've always had a good reason to do so though, it's never been just out of the blue for nothing.

Harry

yes im the one who cuts people off for various reasons obvs

but instead of doing it upfront i distance myself lil by little to make it appear as if the fall out is natural due to work, etc

so when we meet again at a wedding or stg it wont be dat awkward

7LG1HCd.gif

Lyrical.
2 minutes ago, BabyCantYouSee said:

Yes. That's why I only have 2 actual friends now. 

To OP: Some people live really busy lives. You need to accept that. 

No, I know that. I will give the person adequate time to respond. I will send multiple texts. I will message other ways too, like Grindr for example. But if nothing back, I cut it.

Supervixen

Rarely, but it happens. Last August, after I switched majors, I had a falling-out with a close friend. Long story short, I was the one making most of the effort while receiving little in return. He was generally a good friend (on paper), but he was way too oblivious to the ways he took me for granted. Whenever he needed me for something (usually to vent about his fights with his stupid ass bf), I had to text him back and/or be there for him pronto, but he wasn't as considerate to me. In the end I decided that walking away was the best thing for me to do. I'm pretty much over it by now, though sometimes I still feel stupid for investing so much time and energy on someone who wasn't worth it.

Sailor Star

Yes. Real Friends by Camila Cabello really inspired me so I got my matches out and went bridge burning for the new year. I feel refreshed and cleansed.

7LG1HCd.gif

radioactived

My life got way better once I started doing this. There's Nothing Holding Me Back now :gaycat3:

kvnrblnd
55 minutes ago, Chamoy said:

7LG1HCd.gif

Me too, sis. Their loss!

bestfiction

I think I did it once bc that friend was very mean to me and he was always trying to make it clear that him > me. I dropped his ass 2 years ago and I'm very satisfied with how smart it was to do

Overall, I'm pretty introverted and I haven't got attached to anyone lately so there's no one to cut out

7LG1HCd.gif