ReverseWarholian

Run Lola Run - 10/10

Gloria - 8/10 

Witches of Eastwick - 7/10

Multiplicity - 4/10

Cam - 7.5/10

ReverseWarholian

The Truman Show - 10/10

The way this was ROBBED by the Academy! One of the absolute best of the '90s.

Littlejfrey

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

I'm so shocked after seeing this film. It was so boring, nothing happens and the last 15 minutes were the only interesting part of the film and to be honest, even that wasn't that great :rip: 

I can't believe the amount of praise and awards this film received :psyduck: Pitt won an academy award for that performance? wtf :psyduck: I like most of Tarantino's films but this is his worst imo 

MissDame
Posted (edited)

Good ones.

Edited by MissDame

ReverseWarholian

Mermaids - 8/10

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978) - 7.5/10

Little Italy - 3/10 

^The last one deserves its own stanning thread it is so hilariously bad :rip: 

Mason Gooding

watched a few new gay movies since there was a festival for it this week and:

Monsoon - 5/10 (I was honestly so disappointed by this movie but at least they gave us Henry Golding making out with men :jonny5:)

Breaking Fast - 10/10 (a feel-good gay rom-com with happy ending, I'm honestly hoping it's gonna become a new gay cult classic because it deserves)

No Hard Feelings - 7/10

ATWK

High Risk (1995) - 5.5/10

Spoiler

I caught this playing at one of those movie TV channels and decided to check it out.

Although it is by no means a masterpiece, the plot and the action are fine and it makes for an enjoyable hour and 40 minutes. One of the things that most striked me out was how gratuitous the violence was, especially at the beginning, when "The Doctor" blows up a bus full of school children. The 1990s Hong Kongese aesthetic is crisp af and really helps make watching this movie in 2020 into something nostalgic.

My biggest problem with the movie is the character Frankie. Obviously a diss towards Jackie Chan, this martial arts movie star almost ruins an otherwise fine movie. He's not funny, his plot is not interesting and this attempt to squeeze slapstick humour into a violent(-ish) hostage movie makes the movie feel jarring and indecisive After a while, you're like "Okay, WE GET IT! He's a dumb fraud. Now can we please get back to Jet Li?". If it weren't for this tragic attempt at comedy, I'd give this movie a 6 or even a 6.5.

Overall, it's a fun popcorn flick and a guilty pleasure of mine.

mcs19thwig

Watched ‘ the town’ with Ben Affleck on netflix. 

Petty Bourgeoisie
On 7/2/2020 at 9:32 PM, Cherry123 said:

Favorite first watches of June

Hide contents

Morocco (1930)

Stan :eli:

tanooki

Just re-watched all of the Friday movies. Classics.

Aristocrat

Watched Arrival with Amy Adams last night and it was BRILLIANT :jonny2: the best movie I've watched this year

Chance

Good Time 9.5/10

politeone
On 8/29/2020 at 1:54 AM, Mason Gooding said:

watched a few new gay movies since there was a festival for it this week and:

Monsoon - 5/10 (I was honestly so disappointed by this movie but at least they gave us Henry Golding making out with men :jonny5:)

Breaking Fast - 10/10 (a feel-good gay rom-com with happy ending, I'm honestly hoping it's gonna become a new gay cult classic because it deserves)

No Hard Feelings - 7/10

Hi what was the name of the film festival, I want to check out the titles.

BeeMilez

Just watched Takashi's thriller "Audition" from '99 which gets 7/10 from me and Nolan's "TENET" that I saw on IMAX last week which gets 10/10:worship2:

Aristocrat

Unpgregnant on HBO Max was VERY good. Sweet, funny, endearing, informative. Barbie Fererra and Haley Lu Richardson were amazing. A very entertaining roadtrip/teen movie. Felt very nostalgic to, like, the 2000s type teen films. 

Lucyyyyyyyyy

Dial M for Murder left me shook to my ****ing core. A masterpiece. Grace Kelly was so bloody beautiful. 

X~MoviePoP

Just watched Mr.Church

Such a heartwarming film.

Dont understand the bad critic reviews. Seeks to have a good audience score.

I loved it.

IceBreaker

Black Sheep - - 9/10 - New Zealand comedy horror with outrageous plot, excellent choice if you are simply looking to be entertainment

Gentleman Prefer Blondes - 9/10 - It is musical so many will be off put by it, but Marilyn is PERFECT, also I feel it is such a pop culture staple that everybody should see it.

Fasandraeberne - 8/10 -  Danish crime mystery film, cool movie, it kept me engaged through

FameFatale

Antebellum -2/10 

Horrible movie. It has potential but the pacing, the writing all had issues. I get where they were coming from but it wasn’t executed correctly. 

Nux

Tombs of the Blind Dead (1972) 3.5/5

Valerie and Her Week of Wonders (1970) 4/5

Cannibal Holocaust (1980) 2.5/5 what a NASTY film :biblio::mazen: the genuine animal cruelty was totally uncalled for & repugnant...that poor turtle

The Brood (1979) 3.5/5

Edward Scissorhands (1990) 3.5/5

The Devil All the Time (2020) 2.5/5

Artemis Fowl (2020) 1/5

Ugetsu (1953) 4.5/5

Dressed to Kill (1980) 4/5

#Alive (2020) 2.5/5

The Babysitter: Killer Queen (2020) 1/5

Friday the 13th VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (1989) 1.5/5

Friday the 13th VII: The New Blood (1988) 2/5

Friday the 13th VI: Jason Lives (1986) 3/5 my favourite so far...

I'm Thinking of Ending Things (2020) 2/5

Batman Returns (1992) 4/5

Batman (1989) 4/5

Friday the 13th V: A New Beginning (1985) 1.5/5

The Arrival (1996) 2/5

ALA

I'm Thinking of Ending Things :psyduck: I was into the first like 2/3s and then it lost me. After reading explanations of the film I guess lol

X~MoviePoP

antebellum.  It had potential but i believe it would of worked better as a mini series.  7/10

PopLover20

Pirates Of The Caribbean. 6/10 : Looked more like a historical drama and i wanted mythologic beats from the sea. Loved johny deep tho
Jack and The Giant Slayer. 7.5/10 : too Gory and the giants CGI was terrible but i love nicholas hoult and the medieval vibe
Gullivers Travel. 6/10 : Looked cheap sometimes and i dont connect with Jack black acting but was funny in some parts
The Golden Compass. 5/10 : I expected narnia-harry potter levels of good and this was a let down. Wheres the ending wtf? didnt connect to the lead actress.
Prince Of Persia. 8/10 : Looked like a historical drama but the Plot was interesting and loved the arabic setting. Wish it had more fantasy stuff
Oz The Great and Powerful 10/10 : I loved the CGI and how cutesy is everything. Too much fantasy stuff and not too gore as i love. i melted everytime James franco was on the screen
Panths Labyrynth 2/10 : This is one of the best movies i have ever seen plot wise and i can understand the acclaim but dude i was expecting cute fantasy and this was horror gore. That poster fooled me lol. That scene of the bottle and farmers was horrific. 
Zathura 8/10 : This really brought me back to when i was a kid in the early 2000s it has a very dreamy feeling

Deep Impact 8/10 : I didnt like the actors but looked very realistic and the disaster bits were great
Charlie and The Chocolate Factory 9/10 : I watched this eating chocolate bars and it was a really good experience. It was funny with the oompa lompa and the plot was really cute
Space Oddisey 10/10 : This was a trip dude. It can be tedious but is totally worth it. A masterpiece. Almost cried when Hal was asking for mercy. The Lead actor is everything. 

Wikipedia
On 9/27/2020 at 12:49 AM, ALA said:

I'm Thinking of Ending Things :psyduck: I was into the first like 2/3s and then it lost me. After reading explanations of the film I guess lol

Right? I got to the interpretive dance scene and my mind went :psyduck:

ReverseWarholian

I'm Thinking of Ending Things - 7/10

The first half or so is solid before the trainwreck third act. I haven't read the book though so maybe I missed something? Either way, the plot didn't translate well to screen.  

Sleeping With The Enemy - 4/10

I remembered this being soooo much better in my childhood, lmfao. Probably Julia's weakest film from her imperial phase! @Walk_Away21 @Sexyzinger

Edited by ReverseWarholian