Pol McCutie

Films you watched recently

Legacy

I watched The High Note yesterday and it was quite boring & very generic.

chris1991

Blackkklansmen! So good, very fitting with what’s going on at the comment. The ending made me weep.

Scotty

I saw Valley Girl for the first time because my mom wanted to watch it. (Maybe cause there's a remake coming out) How does this movie have GOOD reviews? Like--?

First of all, though I like this shot, the ending is familiar:

valleygirl05.jpgmed_1494836345_image.jpg

Valley Girl (1983) / The Graduate (1967)

This is quite possibly the worst movie I've ever seen in my entire life. Randy (Nic Cage) is totally right to blow up at Julie for breaking up with him because it's what her friends want. Even after Julie's father gives her this deep, meaningful speech about how she should choose what she wants. Then she doesn't even pay for it or grow as a character for not going with her heart and doing the thing she knows is wrong. He gets drunk, kisses another woman, then desperately tries to win Julie back, going as far as to sleep on her front lawn and begging her to come back in all these ridiculous ways. Everything noble and unique about his character gets thrown out the window. He beats up her new-old boyfriend at the prom and forcefully takes her back. The entire ending + the Prom scene is literally: :clown: *honk honk*

The subplot where the delivery boy and the mom like each other and then he ends up sleeping with the daughter anyway after catching her in the shower.

...And that's literally the ending of that plot. :skull:

TcKnv7m.gif

StrangerInTheDark

Nightcrawler - Great thriller (?). I love moves happening mostly at night, showing city in its full glory. Only flaw, Jake Jake Gyllenhaal is really not aging well, isn't he? I can't believe he was only 33 at the time of shooting, he looks twice his age. 

First Man - I must admit I never knew the whole story abut moon landing and Neil Armstrong so this was amazing biopic for me, I love the fact that it didn't only focus on specific event and instead we got to see whole decade leading up to it. Scenes on the moon were bloody amazing. I don't know what poor Ryan has to do to get successful movie at BO or awards, he has like one of the most acclaimed filmographies of last 15 years and he has only on GG in his whole career and like 2 or 3 actual movie hits. 

I am Mother - Super boring. Premise was promising, movie was not. It was too long, it wasn't exciting at all. It feels really empty.

Nocturnal Animals - This was good psychological thriller, but once you realize that basically majority of the movie is just a visualizer of a book Amy Adams is reading, it kinda looses suspense and point. 

Walk_Away21

Free Solo - Almost puked multiple times watching this free climbing documentary. My ass was SHAKING. @ReverseWarholian @Sexyzinger

ReverseWarholian
1 minute ago, Walk_Away21 said:

Free Solo - Almost puked multiple times watching this free climbing documentary. My ass was SHAKING. @ReverseWarholian @Sexyzinger

We love an Academy Award winning documentary feature :clap3:

Sexyzinger
15 hours ago, ReverseWarholian said:

We love an Academy Award winning documentary feature :clap3:

Is it on Netflix?

Sexyzinger
15 hours ago, Walk_Away21 said:

Have you guys watched “I See You” on Amazon Prime? What a gripping mind**** of a film!

ReverseWarholian
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Sexyzinger said:

Have you guys watched “I See You” on Amazon Prime? What a gripping mind**** of a film!

Lol. I keep nearly watching it, then changing my mind last second and going with something else :rip: 

Edited by ReverseWarholian

Solar

The Godfather (I, II , III).

WOW JUST WOW :jonny5:

StrangerInTheDark

Atomic Blonde - action scenes were amazing, music used in it was great, visually pleasing, but other than that, weak movie. Main plot is generic and seen 1000 times before. It was hard to follow who was who since they were dropping different names every few minutes. 

Insomnia - great great great. Probably the most forgotten/underrated Nolan movie. I would put it in my top 4 (next to Memento, The Prestige and Interstellar). I LOVE Alaska setting, I love plots. Great acting. 

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay pt. 2 - So I finished THG series, kinda sad since I really loved it. I do wish last two parts were actually one 2 hours long movie, it would've been much better, but ok... Them doing it in 2 parts really made both parts slow and you wait for big action and culmination but it doesn't really reach the heights of expectations thanks to long build up to it. So love triangle is finally solved :psyduck: I'm glad movie got some kind of happy end. Can't wait to re-watch them all in the future and experience first two again :jonny5:

Cherry123

Favorite first watches of June

Spoiler

Diary of a Lost Girl (1929)

Morocco (1930)

The Blood Of a Poet (1930)

His Girl Friday (1940)

Notorious! (1946)

Sansho The Bailiff (1954)

Street of Shame (1956)

Black Girl (1966)

Come Back To The Five (1982)

The Purple Rose of Cairo (1985)

Radio Days (1987)

The Last Temptation of Christ (1988)

Malina (1991)

The Lovers On The Bridge (1991)

The Age of Innocence (1993) GOAT FILM

Bamboozled (2000)

Bad or underwhelming first watches of June

Spoiler

La Strada (1954)

The Stepford Wives (1975)

The Departed (2006)

Julieta (2016)

Walk_Away21
On 6/25/2020 at 1:21 PM, ReverseWarholian said:

Lol. I keep nearly watching it, then changing my mind last second and going with something else :rip: 

Fantasy Island. My wig was ****ing rotated at all the plot twists.

Nux

Robinson Crusoe (1954) 3/5

Mysteries of Lisbon (2010) 5/5

Inception (2010) 3/5 rewatch

Overlord (2018) 3/5

We Summon the Darkness (2019) 2.5/5

The Young and the Damned (1950) 4/5

Tokyo Story (1953) 4/5

The Invisible Man (2020) 3.5/5

My Own Private Idaho (1991) 3/5

StrangerInTheDark

The Invisible Man - This was pretty great. 

Blue Valentine - I don't usually watch 'plot-less' dramas, only watched it cause of Ryan, it is good, but I can't really relate to the story and the emotion movie brings...

Baby Driver - This caught me by surprise. Such a fun and exciting movie. Lead actor was also great in it. 

Prisoners - Disappointing. Too long. Hugh Jakcman is unbearable. 

Augmented

I watched Frozen 2 today because it’s on Disney+ UK now and “The Next Right Thing”....that was not good for my mental stability luv.

I’d probably give the movie a 7/10, I was pleasantly surprised after hearing a lot of negativity about it.

Mr. Duff

Eurovision Song Contest - for a light comedy it is good. I laughed at some parts. Love the Husavik song although it sounds like Never Enough.

Jake Frank

1. The Meddler 

2. Booksmart

3. Chicago

4. A Star Is Born 

5. Blindspotting

ReverseWarholian

Rihwatching Scott Pilgrim vs The World :jonny5:

Walk_Away21
On 6/25/2020 at 1:21 PM, ReverseWarholian said:

Starting Palm Springs. This better not suck!

Aristocrat

Watched Andy Samberg's new Hulu movie Palm Springs and really enjoyed it! A very fresh concept in a sea of remakes, reboots, and sequels. Lovable characters. Dark comedy that does lowkey make you think. I ended up googling all about the multiverse theory afterwards. :rip:

imaginetruIy

imaginetruIy

imaginetruIy

i watched The Conjury

Aristocrat

Charlize's new Netflix movie The Old Guard is a perfect summer blockbuster. So good, fun, and fresh. Also definitely seems they want a sequel from the cliffhanger at the end so I could see it becoming a big saga. Plus a black female director, badass female leads, and queer characters. A stanning today. :clap3: