Pol McCutie

Films you watched recently

RunUpDoneUp

812a2bvdwyL._SL1500_.jpg

The reviews dragged her but it's actually above average for the kind of film it is, the characters had characterization and the little things weren't meaningless, I made the right choice giving it a shot, it was a cute watch, even if I hated the main guy.

Porygon2z

i just finished a marathon of Saw to Saw 7. Will watch Jigsaw tomorrow.

StrangerInTheDark

Unlawful Entry

Shame Madeline Stowe is forgotten these days, she was amazing in her acclaimed 90s thrillers like this one, Blink, 12 Monkeys... Not to mention how gorgeous she was and still is, she deserves to be remembered at least like sex symbol like Sharon Stone...

truthteller

StrangerInTheDark

mother!

akoaytao1234
  • Intolerance (1916) -Best film I had watched for a long time [5/5]
  • The Warrior (1978) - Silly  film of what seems like a Village People-themed gangs. [3/5]
  • Jojo Rabbit (2019) -A Beautiful Life Replica that does not really bring anything new in the table[2.5/5].
  • The Great McGinty(1940) - By the number comedy from Preston Sturges where the silliness is just too much.[3/5]
  • Slumber Party Massacre (1982)- Another by the numbers film. Nothing ground breaking here BUT quite fun. [3/5]
  • All I Desire (1953) - One of the weaker Sirk Dramas. Too melodramatic for its own good. [3.5/5]
  • Burning (2018) - Ehh. Too unclear for me to enjoy  though very interesting.[3.5/5]
  • Stepford Wives (1975) - An interesting plot but its agenda sadly worked against it. Too preachy for its own good [3/5].
  • The Souvenir (2019) - A delightful drama set in the 80s about a film student and her troubled BF. Wonderful  [4/5]
  • The Moderns (1988) - Ehh. Too much of a product of its time. Too snotty [2/5]
  • Thunder Road (2018) - I hate that this is written-off as 'Wes Anderson' rip-off. It has its moment but it just do not have the same vibe. [4/5 ].
  • The Priest (1994) - I just wonder how dis this got made. The story, while admirable in handling the gay portion, does not really support the still-a-priest storyline that well. [3.5/5]
  • Manchurian Candidate(2004) - Ehh. Plays the story  like an modern popcorn flick. Everything is played in your face. Lacks the sinister drive of the original. [2/5]
  • Manchurian Candidate(????) - The original whilst not the most thrilling film, organically build suspense. The Ending here feels more so damning.[4/5]
  • The Mark of Zorro(1940)-3/5
  • Sweet Smell of Success (1957) - I really like the nastiness of this film. Though that ending sucks [4.5/5]
  • Strait-Jacket (1964) - A Proto-Mommy Dearest/Pyscho II film[4/5]
  • Shane (1953) -Annoying kid [3.5/5]
  • Return of the Secaucus Seven(????) - A shockingly well made reunion drama[4.5/5]
  • Patton (1970) - too propagandic for its own good. [2.5]
  • Flashdance (1983) - the dances in this film is everything. Now just disregard the storyline, and probably that can be a 5/5 film. [4/5]

StrangerInTheDark

World War Z, it was actually really entertaining movie, only thing that bothered me was Pitt's family, I hate seeing whiny kids in movies like these... World is falling apart and zombies are eating them on the street and child is screaming to get toy from the ground or later in the car her blanket, and it's not like she's that young to be ignorant what is happening around her...

Kingpin

Onward. Was OK the dad's legs were pretty hot ngl

harwee

Frenzy: :clap3:

The Lion in Winter :heart2:

Booyah

I have finished so many movies during the quarantine :toofunny2: 

Some of them are;

Exraction ( expected much ) 6/10 :coffee2:

6 Underground ( never stopping action ) 8/10 :eatpopcorn:

The Platform ( just wow! ) 10/10 :worship2:

Game Over, Man! ( funny as hell ) 9/10  :laugh:

Birds Of Prey ( Love it. Harley >>> ) 8/10 :smitten2:

StrangerInTheDark
Posted (edited)

Fracture, it was good, but one of those movies you only watch once because it's police case...

Die Hard with a Vengeance, also good, better than 2nd

Winter's bone, this was, not expected. I read online it's declared as mystery/thriller movie so I was excited to see it, but it's actually family drama about survival :rip: JLaw was great in it and so were other kids, I felt bad for her during whole movie, but it's not really exciting one...

On 5/1/2020 at 1:16 PM, Booyah said:

Exraction ( expected much ) 6/10 :coffee2:

Just added this on my to watch list yesterday, should I skip? 

Edited by StrangerInTheDark

Booyah
5 minutes ago, StrangerInTheDark said:

Fracture, it was good, but one of those movies you only watch once because it's police case...

Die Hard with a Vengeance, also good, better than 2nd

Winter's bone, this was, not expected. I read online it's declared as mystery/thriller movie so I was excited to see it, but it's actually family drama about survival :rip: JLaw was great in it and so were other kids, I felt bad for her during whole movie, but it's not really exciting one...

Just added this on my to watch list yesterday, should I skip? 

the characters background story is meh, but the action is amazing 

StrangerInTheDark
2 minutes ago, Booyah said:

the characters background story is meh, but the action is amazing 

I guess I'm gonna keep it, I also added 6 Underground based on your rate :gaycat4:

Booyah
Just now, StrangerInTheDark said:

I guess I'm gonna keep it, I also added 6 Underground based on your rate :gaycat4:

ah this one is really good to watch!

the director Michael Bay delivers again! Action is ridiculously beautiful :jonny:

ToxicKiss92

Gretel & Hansel  

such a great movie :jonny:

RunUpDoneUp

half_of_it_xlg.jpg

A tiresome exercise in deepity. I haven't been this bored with a romance film in years. I understand why the public likes it though, there's elements of the film that'd convince people that they, "get" it and that they're intheknow™. It's a deepak chopra book in visual form.

The best part was the last scene, literally. Not because the movie ended but because that was the first worthwhile showing of "love" in that sht.

Booyah

3613535.jpg

I have just watched this one.

its a masterpiece. I love sci fi movies when its perfectly done. it needs a sequel tho since the ending was really confusing and incomplete 

The Guv'nah
On 4/25/2020 at 3:47 PM, StrangerInTheDark said:

mother!

Ugh, a masterpiece. I can’t believe so many people hate it.

StrangerInTheDark

Misery - it was great, I LOVED aesthetic of the movie so much and winter settings, I love movies set in snow. I love how simple it was but entertaining. It aged well. 

The Martian - I LOVE space movies, I love sci-fi done right, I AM SLAYED. 

Almodusa

Just watched The Matrix for the first time last night - didn’t fully know what to expect and it was very nice 

StrangerInTheDark

Silver Linings Playbook - this was actually really good movie, a lot of funny scenes thanks to Cooper's likable character. I feel like JLaw was more of a supporting role here, not sure about deserving Best Actress win.

Slate

Finally watched Rogue One yesterday and it was so good :jonny5:

StrangerInTheDark

Moneyball. Boring. Baseball is like the worst sport ever. 

ReverseWarholian

Lili Reinhart's Hustlers is on Amazon Prime! Maybe something good came out of this quarantine after all :jonny5:

@AvrilLaQueen @Walk_Away21

ReverseWarholian
On 5/4/2020 at 1:25 PM, StrangerInTheDark said:

Silver Linings Playbook - this was actually really good movie, a lot of funny scenes thanks to Cooper's likable character. I feel like JLaw was more of a supporting role here, not sure about deserving Best Actress win.

The win was well deserved and you will deal!