126 posts in this topic

Rico Shameless v2

I have faith cause I’m a huge fan of the first and still watch it semi-regularly. Avoided seeing the trailer but once and so excited for Thursday. Got my MoviePass last week too!

Tiziano's Boy

It won't be released in the UK until the 4th of May, I was hoping to see it next Tuesday :lipton:

Djbrian

The trailers are giving me The Purge vibes and not in a good way. Like some of you've said the 1st movie was quiet and terrifying. I'm not getting that from none of the trailers I have seen.

TurntUp

can not wait!!! Yeah getting a different feel from tbis one...but still excited 

Sam96

“Gringo,” “Hurricane Heist,” and “The Strangers: Prey at Night” — are each pacing to open with less than $10 million at about 2,400 sites.

Aviron Pictures’ “The Strangers: Prey at Night” is showing the strongest forecast of the three, with an opening looking the $7-$8 million range. Set in a secluded mobile home park, the horror sequel to 2008’s “The Strangers” is directed by Johannes Roberts, and stars Christina Hendricks, Martin Henderson, Bailee Madison, and Lewis Pullman.

https://www.google.com/amp/variety.com/2018/film/box-office/wrinkle-in-time-black-panther-box-office-1202719366/amp/

rooby.booby

DON'T LET IT FLOP

Image result for the strangers prey at night gif

Scabandplaster

This is gonna flop and probably won't be received well. Sad. 

BoyLikeYouSuxx
24 minutes ago, Tuli said:

DXuSPd_UQAAZ-Ft.jpg 

85 minutes :noparty: 

Oh no :doc: the whole reason the first movie was so iconic was because of the drawn out suspense and daunting delay of being toyed with. They better not ruin the sequel with ****ty jump scares and cheap gimmicks 

Tuli

The Strangers: Prey at Night review – slick sequel fails to replicate scares

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/mar/08/the-strangers-prey-at-night-review-slick-sequel-fails-to-replicate-scares?CMP=twt_gu

[Review] ‘The Strangers: Prey At Night’ Is a Relentless, Next Level Stalker Sequel!

http://bloody-disgusting.com/reviews/3481313/review-strangers-prey-night-relentless-next-level-stalker-sequel/

‘The Strangers: Prey at Night’ Review: A Lean, Mean Sort-Of Sequel That Was Worth the Wait

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/03/the-strangers-prey-at-night-review-sequel-1201934146/

Film Review: ‘The Strangers: Prey at Night’

A sequel to the 2008 horror thriller now plays like an unspooky 'Purge' knockoff, with a trio of psychos making predictable masked mayhem.

http://variety.com/2018/film/reviews/the-strangers-prey-at-night-review-1202720596/

UnusualBoy

The first one was cute but it doesn't make me want to see this one and sequels are usually trash.

stophittingmedad

im really excited for this but the trailer has me doubtful itll be good because it looks like too much. the first movie was so good because of the simplicity and how realistic it seemed. this one has like a car chase and explosions wtf 

SamXX

I'm excited for this, we'll see where it goes...

BoyLikeYouSuxx

Seeing this in an hour :duca: I’ll let y’all know how it is

Sam96

I'm so excited for this. My showtime is at 9:20! :duca:

BoyLikeYouSuxx

Sadly this movie is antonymous with the first :doc: 

The set up was less poignant and more modern day suburban drama. They lost the sense of realism with this sequel and it’s sad. There are huge points I had issues with:

1. WHY would you kill ALL the strangers?! The most eerie aspect of the first was their ability to tactically survive 

2. WHY would you UNMASK the strangers?! The allure of it all is them being *say it with me* STRANGERS

3. The angsty teenage girl set up is entirely too comical for a set up of this caliber 

4. The music choice is atrocious 

5. They killed people faaaar too quickly, literally opening with a kill and then killing the parents within the first 25 minutes were both a mistake, you lose tension 

However one thing I liked was the initial introduction to a stranger and how the young girl was in a state of shock, I have nightmares about home invasions and more often than not my initial reaction is NO reaction, I can’t talk or breathe and they perfectly portrayed that. Bailee Madison was their silver lining here. 1.5/5

Sam96

I actually liked this. :jonny5: it's a fun movie to watch.

Spoiler

I can't believe that the strangers died and you got to see their faces ! 

Bailee Madison is a great actress :clap3:would love to see her in another horror movie. 

Tuli

I am so excited to see this. :duca: Not getting my hopes up, just wanna have fun watching it. I couldn't resist the spoilers in here though. :jonny: 

Erreur2 La Nature

I’m so mad. It will be in cinemas in more than one month in my country. 

BoyLikeYouSuxx
4 hours ago, Sam96 said:

I actually liked this. :jonny5: it's a fun movie to watch.

Hide contents

I can't believe that the strangers died and you got to see their faces ! 

Bailee Madison is a great actress :clap3:would love to see her in another horror movie. 

Bailee is actually the girl from Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark, I’d you haven’t seen it it’s a great watch. I hope she stays in horror she’s got the chops for it!

Sam96
2 hours ago, BoyLikeYouSuxx said:

Bailee is actually the girl from Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark, I’d you haven’t seen it it’s a great watch. I hope she stays in horror she’s got the chops for it!

I haven't watched that yet but I heard it's good!

Another note:

Spoiler

I keep thinking about the part when Luke is in the pool area and pin up girl runs towards him and he wacks the **** out of her .. I legit busted out laughing because I'm a dumbass :ahh:

BoyLikeYouSuxx
9 minutes ago, Sam96 said:

I haven't watched that yet but I heard it's good!

Another note:

Hide contents

I keep thinking about the part when Luke is in the pool area and pin up girl runs towards him and he wacks the **** out of her .. I legit busted out laughing because I'm a dumbass :ahh:

Bitch I YELPED at that scene :ahh::ahh::ahh: she really thought though. Dollface really stole the show this time

Sam96
8 minutes ago, BoyLikeYouSuxx said:

Bitch I YELPED at that scene :ahh::ahh::ahh: she really thought though. Dollface really stole the show this time

Spoiler

Dollface was definitely, in my opinion the most ruthless out of the 3 in this one. The other part that made me laugh was when Kinsey was hiding in the tunnel and pin up girl pops out. I screamed! Idk I just found it funny af. :ahh: