"Perfect" now credited as a solo Ed Sheeran single

Siren

Notably, "Perfect" has reverted to being billed as by Sheeran solo on almost all Billboard charts after five weeks in which Beyoncé received co-lead credit following the release of its duet version. After its first week of release, that version was the most dominant in sales and streams, while also receiving significant airplay, as it was being promoted to radio.

After multiple weeks of the duet no longer contributing the bulk of its sales (or streams or airplay), only Sheeran is now credited (except on Rhythmic Songs, where Beyonce remains co-billed, as that version is still logging notable activity at the format); all versions will continue to contribute to the song's singular chart listing.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8094278/ed-sheeran-perfect-number-one-pop-songs-adult-pop-songs
Yo9485j.gif

Edited by bewaryofothers

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lovett

• Destiny

• FAN

• GiselleBeyince

isn't BB100 chart supposed to come out today?

Should’ve been this way weeks ago. Y’all (hive) still think she is the reason the song is smashing :fan:

Well the solo version is doing much better anyway. 

What does it change though ? 

Bey is happy, not Fav still getting the 5 weeks at #1 tho :ahh:

Edited by MrBeyonceFan

They need to make it retroactive because she didn’t get enough points for those other weeks at #1

Also her name needs to be completely removed from the airplay archives. The remix never got enough airplay to be credited on any airplay charts 

5 minutes ago, gerardsuxx said:

Should’ve been this way weeks ago. Y’all (hive) still think she is the reason the song is smashing :fan:

Nobody thinks that...

Metamorphosis

She still got 5 weeks at #1, so who cares?

fzlJFaD.gif

The song was already a beast on radio before her and they never credited Andrea so it makes sense. 

So that means we're not counting Bey's #1? 

Oh well, sometimes you lose I guess
She got two more years

tumblr_n4y7dz8fGH1s64jz1o6_250.gif

• ATRL Moderator

she went #1 anyway

doesn't rlly matter i guess

fzlJFaD.gif

1 minute ago, AALIYAH DANA said:

Wait, does that mean that the remix is being removed from heavy radio rotation playlist and that's why Bey was removed?

It means that the original is seemed as the reason of the success, not that the remix will be removed.

1 minute ago, AALIYAH DANA said:

Wait, does that mean that the remix is being removed from heavy radio rotation playlist and that's why Bey was removed?

is there any site that would tell us how often each version is played anyway?

cuz on my local stations the remix is on nonexistent rotation

It should impact H100 chart credit tbh. Did Bey even add anything to it? I never heard it on radio and wouldn't have known it was a thing if I didn't visit this site.

1 minute ago, HumanitySector said:

So that means we're not counting Bey's #1? 

Oh well, sometimes you lose I guess
She got two more years

tumblr_n4y7dz8fGH1s64jz1o6_250.gif

Seeing as her version was over 60% for the week it reached #1, there's no possible way to not count it as Bey's #1. :fan: Sorry boo.

9 minutes ago, AvrilLaQueen said:

isn't BB100 chart supposed to come out today?

delayed due the MLK holiday 

I don't care. Bey already got a cute five-weeks #1 this decade, so I don't care and neither the Hive

bewaryofothers

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.