• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Summer Boy

• Cryptique

• chosensparkles

• vince_martin88

Don't know if anyone even cares (:skull:) but I'm going to stop posting weekly updates on ASIB's Billboard 200 numbers, since most of the info is easily available anyway and the pure sales are hard to track since the HDD numbers I use as estimates in lieu of official Nielsen numbers when Billboard doesn't publish them are apparently lower than what they really are. (For example, I have the pure sales total at ~982,000 as of 03/21, but apparently it crossed 1,000,000 sometime last week. :skull:) However, I'll still post each week's Billboard SPS total and my estimate for its total RIAA SPS. With that said...

ASIB SPS (Album to Date)
Total: 1,691,000 SPS
RIAA Estimate: ~1,823,838 SPS

- A Star Is Born (Soundtrack) is now Platinum in Italy (50,000).

- Million Reasons is now 3x Platinum in Italy (150,000). 

Movie Receipts (as of March 24, 2019 - source: BoxOfficeMojo)

Domestic: $215.2m (700k behind Bohemian Rhapsody's domestic gross)

Foreign: $218.6m

Worldwide: $433.8m

Having outgrossed Warcraft over the weekend, ASIB is now only $1.2m away from matching The Greatest Showman's total gross. If it continues doing its current numbers, it will match TGS within two weeks. Next movie after that is Terminator: Genisys ($440.6m).

The Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper-fronted collection of original material has just blown past one million pure sales, which is something very few albums are able to do these days. According to Nielsen Music, A Star Is Born has now sold  1,002,611 copies in the U.S. alone, making it the rare recent release that is able to actually sell over a million copies. Many titles are able to shift at least a million units, and sometimes several million, when including streams, but as sales drop every year, even some of the biggest figures have a difficult time making it to seven digits.

:jonny5:

On 3/20/2019 at 11:32 PM, Summer Boy said:

week 24 - Shallow - Lady GaGa & Bradley Cooper 
Interscope - 257.000 (#2 WW)

Total: 5,002,000

If Shallow can get 998k more points during its run inside the top40 it will get into the All-Time Chart of Mediatraffic. Rejoining Just Dance, Poker Face, Bad Romance and Born This Way. :jonny5:

week 25 - Shallow - Lady GaGa & Bradley Cooper 
Interscope - 256.000 (#3 WW)

Total: 5,258,000

Yes, Shallow is definitely entering the All-Time Charts in 5 weeks maximum. :jonny5:

from Gagadaily

Bluray chart - week ending February 24th:

1 (New) A Star Is Born

438,918 sold / $13,145,594 gross

DVD and combined chart probably tomorrow, but usually DVD numbers are half of the bluray numbers.

2 hours ago, BadMonster96 said:

from Gagadaily

Bluray chart - week ending February 24th:

1 (New) A Star Is Born

438,918 sold / $13,145,594 gross

DVD and combined chart probably tomorrow, but usually DVD numbers are half of the bluray numbers.

Are those from usa or ww? Thanks:flower:

4 minutes ago, Samuel. said:

Are those from usa or ww? Thanks:flower:

US

Hello skinny legend @GuusLima

Will you make the SPS on Shallow and ASIB? :heart2:

On 3/25/2019 at 7:12 AM, E r o s said:

Don't know if anyone even cares (:skull:) but I'm going to stop posting weekly updates on ASIB's Billboard 200 numbers, since most of the info is easily available anyway and the pure sales are hard to track since the HDD numbers I use as estimates in lieu of official Nielsen numbers when Billboard doesn't publish them are apparently lower than what they really are. (For example, I have the pure sales total at ~982,000 as of 03/21, but apparently it crossed 1,000,000 sometime last week. :skull:) However, I'll still post each week's Billboard SPS total and my estimate for its total RIAA SPS. With that said...

ASIB SPS (Album to Date)
Total: 1,691,000 SPS
RIAA Estimate: ~1,823,838 SPS

You can use UKMIX User Nympho for reference.. he put * for his estimates (weeks with no published Nielsen figure just hdd&chartdata) and he changed those figure everytime a total sales was published.. the yearend 704k, the 780k and now the 1.003M..

I have it at 1.006M by the end of March 21 and there's nothing wrong to go back and tweak our educated guesses for a lil bit

Edited by Cryptique
Typo

25 minutes ago, Phoenixstar said:

Hello skinny legend @GuusLima

Will you make the SPS on Shallow and ASIB? :heart2:

Shallow should be at about 10m SPS ww.

Spotify: 512,500,000 streams = 3,416,000 SPS

Others on demand audio streams, around 50% of total audio on demand streams ( Apple Music + Amazon + Google play) = 500,000,000 streams = 3,330,000 SPS

Youtube: 650,000,000 views = 1,300,000 SPS (Youtube views weighted less than on demand audio streams, IPFI and Billboard and Uk charts has it at 500 views = 1 SPS)

Sales: 2,000,000 SPS

Total: 10,046,000 SPS for Shallow.

Can anyone update opening post?

Edited by Vo_nguyen

7 hours ago, Vo_nguyen said:

Others on demand audio streams, around 50% of total audio on demand streams ( Apple Music + Amazon + Google play) = 500,000,000 streams = 3,330,000 SPS

Youtube: 650,000,000 views = 1,300,000 SPS (Youtube views weighted less than on demand audio streams, IPFI and Billboard and Uk charts has it at 500 views = 1 SPS)

Without YouTube, it's actually 8.7M SPS. How did it jump from 6M so quickly? :jonny:

8 minutes ago, Phoenixstar said:

Without YouTube, it's actually 8.7M SPS. How did it jump from 6M so quickly? :jonny:

Streamings. :) it gained 100m+ streams from spotify alone last month...that's approximate 650k -700k SPS ww from one streaming service alone.

Multiply that by 2 and you'll get 1.3m - 1.4m sps from streamings...its also been a strong digital seller too for the past months.

9 hours ago, Cryptique said:

You can use UKMIX User Nympho for reference.. he put * for his estimates (weeks with no published Nielsen figure just hdd&chartdata) and he changed those figure everytime a total sales was published.. the yearend 704k, the 780k and now the 1.003M..

I have it at 1.006M by the end of March 21 and there's nothing wrong to go back and tweak our educated guesses for a lil bit

True...I might start posting pure sales totals each week too then, we'll see. :gaycat2:

Shallow US Stats (as of 03/22)
Sales: 939,000
US Streams: 301,099,000*
Streaming Units: 2,007,327*
SPS: 2,946,327* (+62,047 from 03/15)

*By my estimation.

Since this is through last Thursday, it should be 3x Platinum by now. :eek:

13 hours ago, Vo_nguyen said:

1 hour ago, Rusty said:

Wow, Shallow already over 10M WW :jonny: 

1 hour ago, hausofbryan said:

Shallow

10M WW

3X PLAT US

#1 US/UK/AUS

Top 10 US Radio

LEGEND.

Guys, that 10m SPS for Shallow is wrong. As @GuusLima already explained "this form of conversion is incorrect. each country has its own. there are countries that do not count YouTube as there are those that count. shallow should be about 6.5m / 7m worldwide, due to growth in Spotify."

6 hours ago, Summer Boy said:

Guys, that 10m SPS for Shallow is wrong. As @GuusLima already explained "this form of conversion is incorrect. each country has its own. there are countries that do not count YouTube as there are those that count. shallow should be about 6.5m / 7m worldwide, due to growth in Spotify."

Since we're talking about global numbers I go by ipfi conversation method. Which is the most accurate. 

Even without YouTube. it's atleast 6m ww with just audio only streaming alone. Adding pure sales it should be 8m- 8.5m sps without YouTube.

1 hour ago, Vo_nguyen said:

Since we're talking about global numbers I go by ipfi conversation method. Which is the most accurate. 

Even without YouTube. it's atleast 6m ww with just audio only streaming alone. Adding pure sales it should be 8m- 8.5m sps without YouTube.

Where does IFPI outline their method? Honest question, I've never looked into it before.

2 hours ago, Vo_nguyen said:

Where are y'all pulling this 10M SPS Something??? The overall Global SPS isn't on same method with US and other 1st world countries..

SPS differs country to country that even in 3rd world countries YOUTUBE Views are almost irrelevant and Spotify's payback is a half or a third of what artists are getting in 1st world countries..

For example YT+Spotify only, if we use RIAA's method Despacito will be at ~50M SPS and Shape Of You will be at ~35M without Sales and AM and other music services.. when in fact IFPI Reported (after 2 years) ~41M for Shape Of You and ~35M for Despacito including Spotify/AM/Youtube/Sales/etc.

11 minutes ago, E r o s said:

Where does IFPI outline their method? Honest question, I've never looked into it before.

They don't outline it but I would assume it's based off UK/European numbers which equates to 150 streams = 1 sps, 500 -600 views = 1 sps.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.