Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LP54

'Black Panther' breaks Marvel's presale record

LP54

black-panther.jpg

Advance sales for Disney-Marvel’s “Black Panther” have set a new record for Fandangoas the top seller among Marvel Cinematic Universe movies in the first 24 hours, topping “Captain America: Civil War.”

Sales launched Monday night after a national spot aired during the telecast of the College Football Playoff National Championship. Chadwick Boseman stars as T’Challa, who takes over as the king of Wakanda after his father T’Chaka is killed, as shown in “Captain America: Civil War.” The film also stars Angela Bassett’s Ramonda, Forest Whitaker’s Zuri, and Michael B. Jordan’s Erik Killmonger.

The film opens on Feb. 16.

“‘Black Panther’ is riding an incredible wave of momentum right now,” said Fandangoeditor Erik Davis. “It’s one of the biggest and most anticipated movies to ever open in the month of February, and its trailers have electrified the internet. Tickets have been going fast ever since pre-sales started on Fandango late Monday.”

Fandango said a survey of more than 8,000 moviegoers showed that “Black Panther” was voted as one of the year’s top two most anticipated movies, ranking second to Disney-Marvel’s “Avengers: Infinity War,” which includes many of the “Black Panther” characters, and Boseman was voted as the most anticipated comic book hero in a standalone movie.

Source: http://variety.com/2018/film/news/black-panther-advance-ticket-sales-record-1202659579/

424650f0f5e501ca_game-of-thrones-daenery

Jaye

Talent is about to WIN once again.

swimmingpools

Talent about to slay. Can't wait for the soundtrack to be #1 on iTunes too!

anklebiterrs

I'm honestly surprised, I thought the YouTube trailer flub would hurt its chances, but I'm glad talent is winning.

Superbitch

tenor.gif

IBeMe
2 minutes ago, LP54 said:

Boseman

Why did i read this like "bussyman" :toofunny2:

--------

Yas! Proving racist hollywood wrong once again! There is demand for POC led roles. How many times must this be proven for hollywood to finally write more POC roles into their scripts and not just use token actors?

ANTIclimatic

Yes! Talent always win, Marvel talent that is :fan:

Mania

Talent always wins

LP54
11 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

Yas! Proving racist hollywood wrong once again! There is demand for POC led roles. How many times must this be proven for hollywood to finally write more POC roles into their scripts and not just use token actors?

Hollywood is getting a real wake up call.

They have ignored women and POC in these lead action roles for so long. Women are slaying at the box office whether it be Jennifer Lawrence in the Hunger Games, Gal Gadot in Wonder Woman, or Daisy Ridley/Felicity Jones in Star Wars. POC are slaying too with Hollywood being shook by movies like Girls Trip and Hidden Figures. As much as I hate the Trump Era, it is creating a discussion that has been needed for a while.

KingKhalid

Black Panther Club is coming :clap3:

coolgirl98

I'm so excited for this movie as a POC I never thought I'd see a day where a superhero movie would have a predominately black cast, I hope it breaks every record out there. This movie and Crazy Rich Asians are the two movies coming out this year that I most want to see succeed. 

Love Drought

I can't wait for this film and the soundtrack :jonny5:

ainadalkaz

only the best marvel origin movie (until cap marvel makes ha debut) :clap3:

LP54
3 minutes ago, coolgirl98 said:

I'm so excited for this movie as a POC I never thought I'd see a day where a superhero movie would have a predominately black cast, I hope it breaks every record out there. This movie and Crazy Rich Asians are the two movies coming out this year that I most want to see succeed. 

I'm confident this movie will be successful.

Hancock with Will Smith was a huge success grossing $624 million dollars WW (more than the first Iron Man) and didn't even look half as good as this movie. 

Icarus

Michael B Jordan's impact :jonny5:

coolgirl98
1 minute ago, LP54 said:

I'm confident this movie will be successful.

Hancock with Will Smith was a huge success grossing $624 million dollars and didn't even look half as good as this movie. 

This movie does look really good, from the production design, to the action sequences, everything looks immaculate. I'm honestly more hyped for this movie than I am for Avengers Infinity War. It just looks like more of the same wheres Ryan Coogler looks like he has a very unique vision for Wakanda. 

MrLovett

Very excited for this. :duca: The hype is huge.

umich

Woo we are WINNING. 

trainsskyscrapers

:clap3: Black Excellence.

Keith
15 minutes ago, Icarus said:

Michael B Jordan's impact :jonny5:

w3A1XYZ.gif

ryanpittman97

Ahhhh MY FAVE slaying! 

Crescendolls.

This is gonna be so ****ing HUGE :flame:

A Little Unruly

Not surprised. I don't give a **** about these movies, but I'm so gonna see this. :clap3:

UnusualBoy

I think I'll be skipping this one (And no, I ain't racist), BP is so boring to me, same for IM and CA.

G.U.Y. Gaga

When does it even come out lol