Taylor Swift: The Receipts | 2023 update!

KOMH

Taylor Swift has four albums in the Top 100: the aforementioned Fearless (Taylor’s Version) at No. 45 with 15,000 (down 16%), folklore at No. 50 (14,000, up 1%), Lover at No. 59 (13,000, up 4%) and evermore at No. 74 (11,000; down 7%).

x

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hunter_13

• GuusLima

• peterstyles13

• castle13

Lover simply wont die, Evermore would die sooner than it

Lover definitely has more legs than I thought it would have, especially with her releasing three albums after it :skull: #Justice4Evermore tho

evermore” has surpassed 1.3 million units sold in the US with this week sales. 

Taylor Swift‘s fantastic evermore vaults from No. 74 to No. 1 this week, the largest jump to the summit the Billboard 200 has seen since Radiohead’s In Rainbows. It moves 202,000 SPS this week, up more than 1,000% since last week, helping to push it barely past 600,000 pure sales. The record benefits from the release of vinyl copies, where it smashes Nielsen’s all-time vinyl first week with 102,000 units. Swift, the shrewd businesswoman that she is, also released digitally signed mp3 copies for the occasion, sending digital copies up over 1,000% this week as well. Those releases also spill over to the “sister” album, folklore, which lifts 21% to 17,000 SPS and likewise surges No. 50 to No. 34.

At No. 57, Taylor Swift‘s fearless (Taylor’s Version) crosses 500,000 total SPS, with 13,000 this week (down 11%). Lover crosses a higher milestone of 3.3M SPS this week, just 8 spots away at No. 65.

x

• 4 weeks later...

Do you know SPS units of Reputation, Lover, Folklore, Evermore and Fearless (Taylor’s edition)?

Taylor Swift  —  US TOTAL UNITS: 

reputation — 5,010,000

Lover — 3,304,000 

folklore — 2,687,000

evermore — 1,393,000

fearless TV — 572,000

*without this week's sales*

16 hours ago, Thiago said:

Taylor Swift  —  US TOTAL UNITS: 

reputation — 5,010,000

Lover — 3,304,000 

folklore — 2,687,000

evermore — 1,393,000

fearless TV — 572,000

*without this week's sales*

Do you have any source about Reputation? It looks a bit high :-*

10 hours ago, Artistofthedecade said:

reputation is the only one that used the Taylor charts as a base. It seems high but the album had a huge consumption in the US (besides the 2.37M pure)

https://twitter.com/TChartSwift/status/1384616789720633347?s=19

how many units is Fearless TV moving weekly now btw? I hope it serves recurring streams and longevity and snatches from the original version eternally 

On 7/7/2021 at 6:40 PM, Artistofthedecade said:

Well we have rough estimates:

US units:

Look What You Made Me Do: 6.5M

Delicate: 4M

...Ready For It?: 3M

End Game: 2M

Gorgeous: 2M

Call It What You Want: 1.5M 

I Did Something Bad: 1M

Don't Blame Me: 1M

Getaway Car: 1M

Dancing With Our Hands Tied: 1M

So It Goes...: 0.5M

King Of My Heart: 0.5M 

Dress: 0.5M 

This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things: 0.5M

New Year's Day: 0.5M 

Total song units: ~26M

Pure Sales: ~2.3M

Total units: ~2.3M + (~26/10)= ~4.9M

Considering I underestimated a lot of track sales (So It Goes... is the lowest selling track from Rep and even it has been gold eligible for months, so the other songs with 500K sales should be way higher) and still ended up with about 4.9M units, I think 5M+ total units is completely realistic.

4 hours ago, IBeMe said:

how many units is Fearless TV moving weekly now btw? I hope it serves recurring streams and longevity and snatches from the original version eternally 

It's moving around 12.5K, more or less as the same as Lover. The funny thing is that although the streams of the original version of Fearless went down a lot since the streams earlier this year, they've only dropped to the same amount as they were doing at this point last year, which wasn't too low at all. Sometimes it sucks to have such a popular catalogue :katie:

In other news, Lover is on track to finish the year with ~625K units. In comparison Reputation finished its third year with about~445K, so Lover is finishing with almost 200K units more. In fact Lover has barely gone down 250K units this year compared to last year. I fear her most stable album is here.

1 hour ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

It's moving around 12.5K, more or less as the same as Lover. The funny thing is that although the streams of the original version of Fearless went down a lot since the streams earlier this year, they've only dropped to the same amount as they were doing at this point last year, which wasn't too low at all. Sometimes it sucks to have such a popular catalogue :katie:

In other news, Lover is on track to finish the year with ~625K units. In comparison Reputation finished its third year with about~445K, so Lover is finishing with almost 200K units more. In fact Lover has barely gone down 250K units this year compared to last year. I fear her most stable album is here.

thank you for the response! her catalog longevity is just out of this world. It's also nice to see Lover has become a super stable album with lots of longevity. The record got so much unfair hate from fans just because the lead single was questionable :rip: The entire album as a whole is a solid pop record and its nice to see it has legs! 

On 7/12/2021 at 1:39 PM, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

Well we have rough estimates:

US units:

Look What You Made Me Do: 6.5M

Delicate: 4M

...Ready For It?: 3M

End Game: 2M

Gorgeous: 2M

Call It What You Want: 1.5M 

I Did Something Bad: 1M

Don't Blame Me: 1M

Getaway Car: 1M

Dancing With Our Hands Tied: 1M

So It Goes...: 0.5M

King Of My Heart: 0.5M 

Dress: 0.5M 

This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things: 0.5M

New Year's Day: 0.5M 

Total song units: ~26M

Pure Sales: ~2.3M

Total units: ~2.3M + (~26/10)= ~4.9M

Considering I underestimated a lot of track sales (So It Goes... is the lowest selling track from Rep and even it has been gold eligible for months, so the other songs with 500K sales should be way higher) and still ended up with about 4.9M units, I think 5M+ total units is completely realistic.

Thanks for the numbers. They look right to me and it is realistic to think it is eligible for 5M with RIAA's formula like you said. 

But i guess numbers that other user posted was Bilboard numbers looking at the stats of other albums(Lover, Fearless, Folklore etc.) 

According to Nielsen, Rep ended 2020 with 4.1M units and it is probably at ~4.25M right now. But that doesn't include 2017-2019 Youtube numbers since Nielsen started to count YT after 2020 so i guess it is about 4.4-4.5M Bilboard Units(or usual industry method) .

But since RIAA counts shipments and YT as 1/1500 instead of 1/3750, 5M eligibility with another ~400k YT and ~300k shipments looks very reasonable. 

Could folklore make it to 6 million SPS worldwide? Is Lover also close to that mark or has ir surpassed it already?

23 hours ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Thanks for the numbers. They look right to me and it is realistic to think it is eligible for 5M with RIAA's formula like you said. 

But i guess numbers that other user posted was Bilboard numbers looking at the stats of other albums(Lover, Fearless, Folklore etc.) 

According to Nielsen, Rep ended 2020 with 4.1M units and it is probably at ~4.25M right now. But that doesn't include 2017-2019 Youtube numbers since Nielsen started to count YT after 2020 so i guess it is about 4.4-4.5M Bilboard Units(or usual industry method) .

But since RIAA counts shipments and YT as 1/1500 instead of 1/3750, 5M eligibility with another ~400k YT and ~300k shipments looks very reasonable. 

billboard units are just about sales generated while the album charted on their charts. When the reputation was released, it had already accumulated units for its singles, so it actually has around 5 million, but not far from that. 

3 hours ago, TheArgonaut said:

Could folklore make it to 6 million SPS worldwide? Is Lover also close to that mark or has ir surpassed it already?

Folklore already has reached 6M probably, in the mid-5M range at the very least :deadbanana: the question is how long it’ll take to reach 10M

Lover is waaaay past 6M, but not sure about its total. It’s pretty cool how Reputation, Lover, and folklore will all reach 10M some day and probably around the same amount of time after release for each one :skull: 

52 minutes ago, Thiago said:

billboard units are just about sales generated while the album charted on their charts. When the reputation was released, it had already accumulated units for its singles, so it actually has around 5 million, but not far from that. 

I know Bilboard doesn't count pre-release units or when albums are out of chart. I meant Bilboard formula by Bilboard Units which is usual industry formula. For example, RIAA counts Youtube as 1/1500 and also count shipments too. 

According to Nielsen(which counts pre-release units), 

Lover
2019 - 2.191.000
2020 - 876.000
2021 - 304.000 
Total: 3.371.000

2017 - 2.336.000
2018 - 988.000
2019 - 457.000
2020 - 294.000

2021 - No numbers yet but ~150k
Total: 4.105.000+ ~150k

(doesn't include 2017-2019 YT numbers) 

For example, Lover is almost on par with numbers you posted. 

But there is huge 750k number difference for Reputation and i highly doubt YT can make that since that means 2.8B YT views.

In RIAA, 5M number makes sense with shipments and 1/1500 YT numbers but they don't look like RIAA numbers to me because of Lover/Folklore since it doesn't look like they include shipments. 

Bilboard numbers look like that btw

Even if you add 300k for weeks Reputation didn't chart and 500k for pre-release, it still makes like 4.5M which is on par with 4.25M Nielsen + ~250k YT. 

4 hours ago, TheArgonaut said:

According to Chartmaster 

Lover - ~6.75M 

Folklore - ~4.8M

But China sales are downweighted in his formula so it is 7.8M and 5.5M respectively if you add them as fullly counted. 

But even by his formula, Folklore will be at 6M CSPC by next year so that's a given. 

Real question should be 10M and it is highly possible if it keeps with great longevity like rest of her catalogue. 

Edited by Artistofthedecade

39 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

I know Bilboard doesn't count pre-release units or when albums are out of chart. I meant Bilboard formula by Bilboard Units which is usual industry formula. For example, RIAA counts Youtube as 1/1500 and also count shipments too. 

According to Nielsen(which counts pre-release units), 

Lover
2019 - 2.191.000
2020 - 876.000
2021 - 304.000 
Total: 3.371.000

2017 - 2.336.000
2018 - 988.000
2019 - 457.000
2020 - 294.000

2021 - No numbers yet but ~150k
Total: 4.105.000+ ~150k

(doesn't include 2017-2019 YT numbers) 

For example, Lover is almost on par with numbers you posted. 

But there is huge 750k number difference for Reputation and i highly doubt YT can make that since that means 2.8B YT views.

In RIAA, 5M number makes sense with shipments and 1/1500 YT numbers but they don't look like RIAA numbers to me because of Lover/Folklore since it doesn't look like they include shipments. 

Yes, I don't disagree with that, but there are several ways to reach those 5 million. So I meant it's a very real value 

What happened to the good sis @peterstyles13 and who will be moderating this thread going forward?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.