Taylor Swift: The Receipts | 2023 update!

KOMH

17 hours ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

Can anyone post Billboard's latest update of her numbers? I know whenever an artist releases a new album they usually update their numbers

They updated her pure sales in October.

Debut: 5.75M

Fearless: 7.21M

Speak Now: 4.71M

Red: 4.49M

1989: 6.25M

Lover: 1.21M

Folklore: ~1.3M

Evermore: ~0.35M

Holiday Collection: ~1.1M

Beautiful Eyes: ~0.35M

Speak Now World Tour Live: ~0.35M.

In other new Delicate surpassed 500M on-demand streams in the US. Is it eligible for 4× platinum now?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hunter_13

• GuusLima

• peterstyles13

• castle13

Random question but does anyone know how far away Fearless is from Some Hearts in pure sales in the US?  

I tried to make a Reputation total sales estimation according to the MT methodology:

The last numbers we had were: Reputation - 9,000 / 5,199,000 on the 11th week of 2020. If we keep a safe average of 7.5k per week for the 42 remaining weeks, it brings the total to 5,515,000. Let's add an average of 6k a week for 2021: 5,539,000. With China (1,724,000), the total is 7,263,000

This is the safest prediction we can have for Reputation (and let's keep in mind that it's only the MT methodology that's being used here).

On 1/31/2021 at 11:01 AM, mikeyace16 said:

Random question but does anyone know how far away Fearless is from Some Hearts in pure sales in the US?  

Some Hearts had sold 7.45M by the end of 2015, so I think it should have around 7.5M total sales by now. Fearless' total sales as of October 2020 are 7.21M, so I think the total difference between the two should be around 0.3M.

On 1/31/2021 at 2:32 PM, Squall said:

I tried to make a Reputation total sales estimation according to the MT methodology:

The last numbers we had were: Reputation - 9,000 / 5,199,000 on the 11th week of 2020. If we keep a safe average of 7.5k per week for the 42 remaining weeks, it brings the total to 5,515,000. Let's add an average of 6k a week for 2021: 5,539,000. With China (1,724,000), the total is 7,263,000

This is the safest prediction we can have for Reputation (and let's keep in mind that it's only the MT methodology that's being used here).

Why use the Media Traffic methodology though? Everyone uses HDD for US sales, so I think we should also use it for international sales, and according to them Reputation had over 8.6M global units by October 2018, and should be comfortably above 10M units by now.

1 hour ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

Some Hearts had sold 7.45M by the end of 2015, so I think it should have around 7.5M total sales by now. Fearless' total sales as of October 2020 are 7.21M, so I think the total difference between the two should be around 0.3M.

if only pure sales hadn't collapsed so soon. It could've probably caught up.

2 hours ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

41 minutes ago, Feanor said:

Fearless always seems to make a significant jump whenever her pure sales are updated, and the new recordings should boost it a bit. I don't think it's that far fetched she'll pass it eventually :michael:

20 minutes ago, mikeyace16 said:

Fearless always seems to make a significant jump whenever her pure sales are updated, and the new recordings should boost it a bit. I don't think it's that far fetched she'll pass it eventually :michael:

Fearless sells 30K per year, and Some Hearts probably sells much lower, around 5-10K. At this rate Taylor will surpass Carrie in 10-15 years.  If the rerecordings coint as one with the originals and she issues the re-recordings physically, I can see Fearless surpassing Some Hearts in 1 or 2 years. However if they count separately she may take an eon to surpass her. If Taylor does outsell Some Hearts, she'll have the best selling country album of the 21st century in the US (Fearless is already the best selling country album of the 21st century internationally).

1 hour ago, Feanor said:

If sales hadn't collapsed so quickly I think 1989 would've been the best selling album ever by an American female artist, and maybe even the best selling album by a solo American artist too thanks to its legendary chart run.

On 1/29/2021 at 8:16 PM, Hunter_13 said:

600k :clap3:

:clap3: Impressive for a #40 peak and no Spotify at the time 

• 2 weeks later...

"Love Story" (Taylor's Version) debuts with 7,566,767 streams on Spotify. It's the biggest opening day for a country song in Spotify's history.

27 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

What are the pure sales so far for Evermore and Folklore in the US?

Around 1.32m for folklore and 330k for evermore

3 hours ago, By the Water said:

Such a flop :dies: 

4 hours ago, By the Water said:

Will Evermore ever reach 1m? Or is that not possible? This would be her first album to not reach that mark, right? 

4 hours ago, By the Water said:

where are the vinyls? the alternate covers?? were there shipping problems???

omg :monkey:

7 minutes ago, Reputation6754 said:

Will Evermore ever reach 1m? Or is that not possible? This would be her first album to not reach that mark, right? 

Yeah it would be. I still don’t know what happened, did no one order the album on her site on release week? Idgi

We’ll see once they drop the vinyls I guess (what about signed copies?)

16 minutes ago, Squall said:

Yeah it would be. I still don’t know what happened, did no one order the album on her site on release week? Idgi

The vinyl on her aite has been ‘out of stock’ since release day :toofunny2:

39 minutes ago, Michael196 said:

The vinyl on her aite has been ‘out of stock’ since release day :toofunny2:

Yeah but I feel like the CDs made no noise, I thought she would have a huge week once they ship them but it feels like no one bought physical copies :skull: 

Edited by Squall

16 hours ago, Squall said:

I think its because she only released one variant. It’s her first time doing that. Hopefully she releases a new cover or more vinyl variants. It’s barely selling anything.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.