H&M under fire for racism (black child wearing monkey hoodie

234 posts in this topic

This clearly had racist intent!

No way they didn't know what they were doing. Not the parents clearing this :rip: 

Pretends to be shocked.

Who seriously thought this was okay? :ace:

How could they?

nigella+crying.jpg

********* disgusting

nigella+crying.jpg

Honestly I doubt they were trying to be racist, but they should've put two and two together

:ahh: sorry but I’m laughing.

It was clearly a mistake! They will remove it and be forgiven. 

The racist one's are the ones are are complaining because it took me a good 5 mins to understand why it's racist... i don't know why people would look at the top and straight away assume the worst imo.. they are the racist ones for thinking it's racist.

I’m screaming :ahh: I don’t think anyone read the hoodie when giving it to the boy to wear for the shoot but still a mess

1 minute ago, jacklovesyou1 said:

The racist one's are the ones are are complaining because it took me a good 5 mins to understand why it's racist... i don't know why people would look at the top and straight away assume the worst imo.. they are the racist ones for thinking it's racist.

don't be that person pls

1 minute ago, jacklovesyou1 said:

It's a well known racist comment.

It's only racist if it was intentional, but it's messy and dumb either way.

Why is this racist? i am so confused.

Why do you associate monkeys with people that are black?

2 minutes ago, jacklovesyou1 said:

Do you understand black people were called monkeys during slavery and the Civil Rights...

3 minutes ago, jacklovesyou1 said:

Oh shut up. These types of tops are supposed to describe the person wearing it. Black people being dehumanized and constantly compared to apes, gorillas, monkeys is one of the most infamous demonstrations of anti-blackness. And this is worldwide, not just in America before you try to go there.

3 minutes ago, jacklovesyou1 said:

You're clearly ignorant then, the rest of us are here in reality where you do not label a black person a monkey.

:skull:

what does "coolest monkey in the jungle" even mean? Like why that phrase in the first place lmao.

What a mess :deadbanana4: 

This happens just a little too often to be a “harmless coincidence”. Didn’t Target get in some drama a few years ago with a monkey costume being worn by a black kid?

Look at his face, even he knows he shouldn't be wearing that :ahh:

I doubt it was intentional tho

Just now, Domination said:

:skull:

what does "coolest monkey in the jungle even mean"? Like why that phrase in the first place lmao.

I mean in Britain it's very common to call kids "cheeky monkey" etc

However, this is not a coincidence or by mistake. Fashion companies are meticulous when they come to casting models for clothes and ensure clothes look well on kids/adults and this was definitely not an oversight - messy.

2 minutes ago, LoKoPaNdA said:

don't be that person pls

2 minutes ago, Kim Kardashian said:

It's a well known racist comment.

It's only racist if it was intentional, but it's messy and dumb either way.

Just now, Thinking Of You said:

Do you understand black people were called monkeys during slavery and the Civil Rights...

Wait maybe i'm just out the loop (which is bad in a way on my part) but do really people compare poc to Monkeys WTAF? that's disgusting .. i know there are some extreme racist people but that's a new one to me 

I still don't understand why a major company would do this on purpose then if this is the case? :S