Hot 100: Females w/ Most Top 20 Songs (2000s)

FanOfPop

• ATRL Moderator

Kelly :clap3:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FanOfPop

• Mattyboy

• peterstyles13

• mcohen

Updated.

Lady Gaga earns her 18th Top 20 hit overall with "Shallow" moving to #5 this week tying Britney Spears and Katy Perry.

Also notable things for Halsey - she has two songs inside Top 20 - one as a soloist and one collaboration. Here's a breakdown for her:

HALSEY: 6

#1 Closer

#5 Bad At Love

#14 Him & I

#17 Now Or Never

#18 Without Me

#20 Eastside

• 2 weeks later...

This week, Selena Gomez earns her 12th and Cardi B her 9th Top 20 song overall thanks to "Taki Taki".

Here's full breakdown for both of them

SELENA GOMEZ: 12

#5 Good For You

#5 Same Old Love

#6 Come & Get It

#6 The Heart Wants What It Wants

#7 Hands To Myself

#9 We Don't Talk Anymore

#10 It Ain't Me

#16 Taki Taki

#17 I Want You To Know

#18 Back To You

#20 Bad Liar

#20 Wolves

CARDI B: 9

#1 Bodak Yellow (Money Moves)

#1 I Like It

#1 Girls Like You

#3 Finesse (Remix)

#4 No Limit

#6 MotorSport

#11 Be Careful

#14 Bartier Cardi

#16 Taki Taki

---

New Peaks:

#11 Trip

• 2 weeks later...

Updated. Cardi B adds another Top 20 song - "Money" moving to #13 which means that this is her 10th Top 20 song overall (3rd as a soloist).

CARDI B: 10

#1 Bodak Yellow (Money Moves)

#1 I Like It

#1 Girls Like You

#3 Finesse (Remix)

#4 No Limit

#6 MotorSport

#11 Be Careful

#11 Taki Taki

#13 Money

#14 Bartier Cardi

New Peaks:

#9 Without Me

#18 Eastside

Love how this is actually maintained and updated weekly :clap3: 

My only complaint is that instead of "solo", I wish the first list was as a Lead Artist. :keir:

Even Billboard usually differentiates milestones between overall and as a lead artist. Not really solo.

7 hours ago, Blade said:

Love how this is actually maintained and updated weekly :clap3: 

My only complaint is that instead of "solo", I wish the first list was as a Lead Artist. :keir:

Even Billboard usually differentiates milestones between overall and as a lead artist. Not really solo.

Thank you. I know what you mean. But I thought it would be cool to see how many songs made Top 20 list based on artists name/management/promo alone. Cause we know that very often feature/remix is the reason why the song is suddenly smashing. 

As expected, Ariana Grande debuts at #1 this week with "thank u, next". This is her 13th Top 20 hit overall (7th as a soloist). She is now tied with Jennifer Lopez and needs two more songs to enter the list. Next week, "breathin" should jump inside Top 20 which would make her need only one more.

ARIANA GRANDE: 13

#1 thank u, next

#2 Problem

#3 Bang Bang

#3 no tears left to cry

#4 Break Free

#4 Side To Side

#7 Love Me Harder

#7 Focus

#8 Dangerous Woman

#8 god is a woman

#9 The Way

#13 One Last Time

#13 Into You

Ariana Grande scores her 14th Top 20 hit (8th as a soloist) with "breathin'" moving to #14 this week.

She needs one more to enter the overall list and two to enter the solo list.

New Peaks:

#4 Without Me

• 4 weeks later...

New Peaks:

#3 Without Me

#7 All I Want For Christmas Is You

#12 breathin

#17 Eastside

• 2 weeks later...

New Peaks:

#2 Without Me

#6 All I Want For Christmas Is You

#11 Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree

#16 Eastside

Any reason why "Send It On" (#20) doesn't count for Selena, Miley and Demi? Billboard lists it on their Hot 100 history.

29 minutes ago, Royal Culture said:

Any reason why "Send It On" (#20) doesn't count for Selena, Miley and Demi? Billboard lists it on their Hot 100 history.

Because when I was checking the Hot 100 of that week the song was under "Disney's Friends For Change" so I didn't bother to actually search if the song is under individuals. But I added the song under all three of them. Thanks.

New Peaks:

#3 All I Want For Christmas Is You

#9 Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree

• 4 weeks later...

Update. Ariana Grande is only 11th female with 15 Top 20 hits this century (well in her case, this decade). With "7 rings" debuting at #1, she makes the list at #9 tied with Christina Aguilera and Kelly Clarkson. She is also one song away from making the solo list. You can see all her 15 Top 20 in the OP.

New Peaks:

#1 Without Me

#9 Eastside

On 1/31/2019 at 2:19 AM, DoubleRainbow! said:

The "solo" chart is useless :rip:

Well, it is useful the see the power of a solo artist, but I think the "lead artist" list will be more accurate.

The fact that Nicki is suddenly #3 in the overall list should tell you something.

• 2 weeks later...

Billie Eilish scores her first Top 20 entry with "Bury A Friend".

As others have said, nobody cares about solo. Features are normal in the 21st century.

Just split by lead

Ariana Grande enters the solo list - she's #9 and also, is now tied with Katy Perry, Lady Gaga and Britney Spears in the overall list cause she has now 18 Top 20 songs making her the 6th female with the most entries.

59 minutes ago, FanOfPop said:

Ariana Grande enters the solo list - she's #9 and also, is now tied with Katy Perry, Lady Gaga and Britney Spears in the overall list cause she has now 18 Top 20 songs making her the 6th female with the most entries.

Wow!!! Now she also have 8 top 5 hits, this must be really huge!!

33 minutes ago, Glo said:

Ariana :clap3:

ATRL continues to discredit her hmmm

Taylor swift is the Queen. The next era will be a huge comeback with 3 or 4 number ones easily and 6 to 7 top hits to add to her résumé.

I updated the OP. A lot of you suggested that I should delete the "Solo" section and I did it. Now the OP includes females Top 20 hits including collabs & co-leads. There are 21 females right now.

Cardi B adds another Top 20 hit with "Please Me" debuting at #5. She has 11 songs peaking inside Top 20.

• 2 weeks later...

Normani earns her second Top 20 hit with "Dancing With A Stranger" jumping to #20 this week.

NORMANI: 2

#9 Love Lies

#20 Dancing With A Stranger

New Peaks:

#1 Shallow

#3 Please Me

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.