OCD Lounge... "...it's like having two brain"

13 posts in this topic

In this thread I want people to discuss their "OCD". I know a lot of people here have it but I want everyone to know that we all will be alright. We will fight against this illness and can support us, whereever we can.

I am a suffer from it, too. Mostly, TOCD, HOCD and EOCD.

We will get through it! :)

Share your story and support each other.

What's TOCD, HOCD and EOCD?

Isn't this when people have an obsessive need for symmetry? 

Omg yall should see my room 

15823390_1844709705794465_79733727011082

1 minute ago, RomanNavy said:

And this is why we need this thread. It isn't your fault.

OCD is an anxiety disorder. Yes, there are handwashers and organizers but a lot of people have those compulsions in their mind. Or if they have a scary thought they need to wash something, etc. I might write a full report on it next week.

5 minutes ago, RomanNavy said:

OCD is an anxiety disorder. Yes, there are handwashers and organizers but a lot of people have those compulsions in their mind. Or if they have a scary thought they need to wash something, etc. I might write a full report on it next week.

9 minutes ago, SayCart1991 said:

What's TOCD, HOCD and EOCD?

TOCD - obsessive fear that you might be transgender.

HOCD -  obsessive fear of hurting yourself or a loved one.

EOCD - obsessive fear that everything is real, can result in DR or DP:

1 minute ago, DR3ch said:

It's actually been removed as an anxiety disorder and has become its own general category

1 minute ago, Almodusa said:

It's actually been removed as an anxiety disorder and has become its own general category

But I think it is easier if you connect it to the category "anxiety disorder" since it has a lot to do with fear and anxiety.

How weird, I was just wishing their would be a thread about OCD. Mine really runs my life in many ways. I get obsessive thoughts that I know aren’t my true thoughts/how I really feel and I used to have a really hard time separating the two. I’ve learned to cope better but it still creeps up on me from often. 

I was diagnostized when i was like 12-13 and it gets better! If anyone wants to talk my dms are open :date3:

23 minutes ago, DR3ch said:

TOCD - obsessive fear that you might be transgender.

HOCD -  obsessive fear of hurting yourself or a loved one.

EOCD - obsessive fear that everything is real, can result in DR or DP:

Oh wow... yea i never heard of those, but i have heard of pocd and the OCD where u fear u may be gay. It seems that there is an OCD for anything. I, myself am diagnosed with OCD and it caused me to have a horrible time period of late 2016 - most of 2017 (august).

Spoiler

It also affects how i post things on the internet, including ATRL.

edit

I struggled with ROCD for a long ass time. Constant intrusive thoughts. It's better now (thank God) but I still have anxiety symptoms and a long way to go before I recover fully.

Yes but to be clear, obsessive thoughts are not enough to be diagnosed with OCD. It's Obsessive-Compulsion Disorder, meaning that you have to "act out" on your obsessive thoughts. It's a compulsion, you can not resist it, and if someone tries to stop you from "acting out", you will be in great distress. 

And by "act out", I mean like washing hands, combing hair a certain number of times or other repititive activities... Usually, the "action" is repeated and time-consuming (over 1 hour/day). OCD, as with other mental disorders, is terrible for the patient and I don't wish it on any of my enemy :'(