ATRL's The X Factor | WINNER & Stats Breakdown (pg.36)

mxtthewdelrey

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mxtthewdelrey

• MasterXPosed

• ATRL Username

• Jackson

Still waiting on one judge. Was planning on carrying on with results anyway but I got really sick on Thursday and I have a bad fever. My temperature is above 100 and I keep vomiting so I just feel sad! I really need to get some rest so results will be tomorrow my loves :heart2: 

• ATRL Moderator
7 minutes ago, mxtthewdelrey said:

Still waiting on one judge. Was planning on carrying on with results anyway but I got really sick on Thursday and I have a bad fever. My temperature is above 100 and I keep vomiting so I just feel sad! I really need to get some rest so results will be tomorrow my loves :heart2: 

Oh baby, I'm sorry. Take your time.

22 minutes ago, mxtthewdelrey said:

awww queen get well soon :hug:

1 hour ago, mxtthewdelrey said:

Feel better! :heart2:

9 hours ago, mxtthewdelrey said:

Feel better Mxtt!

12 hours ago, Janey said:

Feel better Mxtt!

21 hours ago, MasterXPosed said:

Feel better! :heart2:

22 hours ago, theycallmemaraj said:

awww queen get well soon :hug:

22 hours ago, Tymps. said:

Feel better mxtthewdelrey

22 hours ago, Verge of Obscene said:

Oh baby, I'm sorry. Take your time.

22 hours ago, Jackson said:

Hope you feel better mxtt :fan: 

Thank you, my loves!

Jaxswim's Critiques

Dillon Dallas - I don't remember ever having issues hearing you before but this entry was sketch. Your voice sounds great on this song though. The acoustic backing track was a really smart choice, and your understated volume really helps elevate this entry. I would have liked to hear some runs on that last chorus! I enjoyed this entry a lot though.

Cary Messiah - Cringe @ the backing vocals. Wait I'm ... shook @ the transition to Come & Get It. That was kind of a slay, your voice sounds a lot better on Come & Get It than Get Mine Get Yours. There's a lot of weird vocal editing in this tbh and it detracts from the enjoyment of the whole thing. Ok wait the special guest appearance by Nico was honestly funny gg

Jack Reid - This was surprisingly good tbh, like both as a song itself and for the vocal intricacies you get into here. A lot of nuance and gentleness combined with lust and longing. Lemme stan

Janey - I feel kind of bad for pushing so hard for this song for you because, upon listening to it, I realized the true flaw with the song choice - regular people's inability to meet Beyonce's standard. Whoops. I hate to start out negatively because this is still a REALLY good entry, especially the more sensual verses. You really showcased a lot of control over your voice and melody this week, which is great. This is a super enjoyable entry, good job Janey!           

Jack E - Slay the song choice. Beyond that, this was kind of a flat entry though. You sang well but I don't think the song was great for your voice and the chorus/prechorus didn't carry nearly the same weight they do in the original. I also didn't really get the vibe of the RHYTHM that makes the song so catchy, you sang everything in a legato style that I didn't really love. Solid entry but not the best.

Henry - I'm sorry but I feel like you're kind of a one trick pony. Your falsetto is stunning but it's the only good part about your covers in my opinion. At this point I know where your entries are going and I'm a bit bored. Idk, this wasn't that great.

Tymps - Ooo the lounge singer vibes. Your voice is ****in smooth boy! This is just a really stellar entry from beginning to end, and your voice has developed so well over the course of this competition I feel like, you sound really great. Great job.

Johnny Bravado - Wtf is wrong with your recording here. This actually sounds like a good vocal performance but it's not exactly easy to appreciate with that... filter? or whatever over it. This song is kinda captivating though and you ride the beat really well. Good entry.

Edited by mxtthewdelrey

Diarrhoea's Beautifully Formatted Critiques

Dillon Dallas (Courtney Love) - “Into You”

https://soundcloud.com/dilligence-1/into-you-ariana-grande-cover

You were mumbling for quite a bit of it? The melody got a bit lost. The power of the song is how full-on the chorus is, not just in the noise but also in the clusterf**k assault of syllables, and I feel like your one kinda lost that. Also, this song is lovely but 'horny' perhaps required a bit more.

Cary Messiah (feelslikeadream) - “Get Mine, Get Yours, Get It”

https://soundcloud.com/feelslikeadream/get-mine-get-yours-get-it-1

The spoken-word intro :skull: nice song (not an obvious choice but it worked in context)/production (which really got the horny feel), and I liked the vocal layering in different parts, it's a bit tacky but I love that sorta thing.

Jack Reid (Jackson) - “After Hours”

https://soundcloud.com/user-749031340/after-hours

Your best vocal performance in this competition for sure. I don't think the percussion really worked, it sounded like it was from a different song and the transitions when the percussion dropped out felt... wrong, but that was more a mixing issue and I don't feel as though it was that big of a deal. I appreciate the effort and the work you put into it though, did you say its your own song? It's very well-written, keep doing your thing.

Janey (Janey) - “Crazy in Love”

https://soundcloud.com/user1960541/crazy-in-love-cover

I feel like I've heard this all before? It sounds so familiar, to me it blends in with your Toxic cover a lot. That said, you enunciation has come a long way from your recent entries, you sang it well, and the mixing was immaculate. The range stretched you a bit in the second pre-chorus, but overall a solid entry.

Jack. E (MasterXPosed) - “Slumber Party”

https://soundcloud.com/mxposed/slumber-party-x-factor-submission

A tragic song choice in all senses of the word, you did okay with it but this doesn't really show off your best aspects. You sound a bit nasal, just because Britney does it doesn't mean that it works well. On a positive, the backing vocals were REALLY integrated well. It sounds like the entry with the most work behind it, other than the bridge (the random reverb is a bit jarring) it sounds amazingly-done.

Henry (theycallmemaraj) - “Stumble”

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1Os2j2ku3kL

I know you're not exactly the best one here, but you really committed to the theme whilst keeping it classy which I feel was a bit lost on people this week. I feel like you hold back the least out of everyone and you're somewhat lacking in self-awareness in an endearing way. I'm not sure you'll stay but your energy is an asset to this competition.

Tymps (Tymps.) - “Closer”

https://soundcloud.com/wishful_thinking-1/closer-x-factor-cover

I found this pretty boring? You seemed really detached from the lyrics, which works sometimes but deadpanning over a horny song isn't a good idea imo, and I wasn't impressed by the song. One of your weaker efforts imo.

Johnny Bravado (Verge of Obscene) - “Skin”

https://soundcloud.com/user-693775617/skin

The vocal effects were a but uncalled for :deadbanana: but a great entry. You carried the melody perfectly, the song choice was perfectly judged, etc.

Edited by mxtthewdelrey

Yes I realize the percussion sucks :heart2: Thank you judges 

The one person who is SAFE this week is...

Spoiler

Cary Messiah!

Congrats my love, you are a LEGEND hunty

Thanks for the feedback @Diarrhoea I felt that way about my entry too a little bit, like it wasn't really emotionally invested. I get too in my head sometimes. And thanks @Jaxswim !!!!

Feeling good about my safety tbh!

The top three this week is...

Spoiler

Jack Reid

Johnny Bravado

Tymps.

Stay tuned to find out who the top scorer is!

Edited by mxtthewdelrey

The top scorer this week is...

Spoiler

Johnny Bravado

First person to be top scorer twice this season! Well done my love, you deserved it :heart2: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.