Rap officially dead; female pop returns to the top

Vin

Pop will always dominate Pop radio. Trap is not inoffensive enough. But it's what people are streaming.

Sorry Not Sorry :clap3:

7 minutes ago, Smilers said:

who gives a **** about radio? check Spotify, rap is dominating there

pI81vuZ.gif

Exactly 

I prefer pop music but rap is dominating and we’re all just gonna have to deal

pI81vuZ.gif

28 minutes ago, Sailor Star said:

Dua smashing in the states :clap3: Took an eternity but late is better than never :clap3: 

!! :clap3:

This thread is as pretentious as the receipt you have provided for us. Did you forget the previous #1 was a rap song or :skull:

See, this is what I mean. Dua got a smash hit in the US (the country with the worst taste in music) with a euro-pop song. Radio hasn't given any attention to any purely pop song in ages, unless you're Ed Sheeran or Adele. New Rules got no promo whatsoever, Dua is a new artist in the states, and the sound isn't on trend with what's hot these days. Even Havana has Latin/hip-hop elements that made it so successful.

Dua has risen to the top spot as a SOLO. FEMALE. NEW. artist and with no payola or promo like, say, some other successful songs this year. 

Dua = New Main Pop Girl

edit: hip hop ain't dead let's not be dramatic

Edited by TheSugarVenom

Like other users said, it's a pop radio station. We're about to get dominated by rap, trap, and R&B for at least a decade. I won't be surprised when they get whitewashed.