Jump to content
Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

72 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Rowan said:

I'm terrified of Aliens. Isn't there an airport in the States where there's supposedly Alien activity? 

yuh

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Life HAS to exist out there, other forms of consciousness are here with us now, and I don't mean vaguely or by exaggerated hyperbole - animals, insects, different species of creatures BESIDES us. The way that biology and evolution work mean those principles could and SHOULD happen elsewhere, it's just securing the specific Goldilocks conditions needed, on top of scale + distance of space (Drake Equations) + advancement of other civilizations in other galaxies (inside of our visible universe) which are the primary barriers, issues to us not having contact.

But who is to say we even want to have contact, not all of them may be friendly or even neutral as is the basis of so many good movies.

It comes down to the star and host habitability of the planets locked in gravity's embrace that starts it all. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fan fictions in here. :ahh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daydream said:

The fan fictions in here. :ahh:

majority of the world believes in religious fictions, might as well wanna try to make them make sense

 

KQBfjPy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My father swears he saw aliens when he was a kid and lived on the countryside, on a very small town. He saw it with some friends and they are still in contact to this day and confirm the story. Growing up i remember being very "tense" when E.T.-related stuff came on the TV because my father was interested on watching it and when we did it together i noticed he became actually nervous, and sometimes tear-eyed. I actually developed some kind of phobia for a few years, i was terrified of ET's :thing: Many years ago i saw what i think it's a UFO (a huge, bright ball crossing the sky) but maybe i was just seeing things. It only happened once tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm all about the paranormal. My ex boyfriend was never into it and found it dumb but I always put on ghost shows and stuff. Some of it is just the fun of it (I live in "Bigfoot country" and everyone locally just believes in Bigfoot casually, I even have a bigfoot sticker on my laptop) but things like aliens and ghosts have always intrigued me. There was this Reddit thread I read once in r/NoSleep about this guy working in a national park who slowly realized the people disappearing were being caused by aliens. Little did my gay ass know, that's a legit conspiracy theory, and for the next two weeks or so I obsessed over it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2017 at 5:11 PM, Scarface said:

 

This theme always triggers me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, TipToe said:

My father swears he saw aliens when he was a kid and lived on the countryside, on a very small town. He saw it with some friends and they are still in contact to this day and confirm the story. Growing up i remember being very "tense" when E.T.-related stuff came on the TV because my father was interested on watching it and when we did it together i noticed he became actually nervous, and sometimes tear-eyed. I actually developed some kind of phobia for a few years, i was terrified of ET's :thing: Many years ago i saw what i think it's a UFO (a huge, bright ball crossing the sky) but maybe i was just seeing things. It only happened once tho.

the fact alien spaceship date back to native american history where they painted spaceships on the rockets and passed the story to their children about "sky gods crushing in the Death Valley" and many other stores around the world. I know that aliens exist, we universe is so huge and we have billions of stars, all we need to have is confirmation, and we already got some pretty decent clues if you dig deep enough. From high profile scientists and people working in other top professional fields, photos taken before photoshop existed, ancient stories and art depicting aliens. There is something there, but we will never get confirmation or them showing themselves to the whole world (and why would they, we can't even get along with our fellow humans), so at least not in this lifetime.

 

KQBfjPy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AvrilLaQueen said:

the fact alien spaceship date back to native american history where they painted spaceships on the rockets and passed the story to their children about "sky gods crushing in the Death Valley" and many other stores around the world. I know that aliens exist, we universe is so huge and we have billions of stars, all we need to have is confirmation, and we already got some pretty decent clues if you dig deep enough. From high profile scientists and people working in other top professional fields, photos taken before photoshop existed, ancient stories and art depicting aliens. There is something there, but we will never get confirmation or them showing themselves to the whole world (and why would they, we can't even get along with our fellow humans), so at least not in this lifetime.

 

KQBfjPy.gif

This is v interesting indeed, the drawings of things that looks like spaceships on medieval art as well. Maybe it's just some archetypal stuff, humans were always fascinated by the skies and wished they could fly like birds and so on, so the UFO imagery could really be wishful-thinking, a part of our fantasies since the beginning of times. What really bothers me is why in this era in which everyone carries a phone with a camera there isn't an increase on evidence of UFO sightings... but anyways, we want to believe.

 

KQBfjPy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TipToe said:

This is v interesting indeed, the drawings of things that looks like spaceships on medieval art as well. Maybe it's just some archetypal stuff, humans were always fascinated by the skies and wished they could fly like birds and so on, so the UFO imagery could really be wishful-thinking, a part of our fantasies since the beginning of times. What really bothers me is why in this era in which everyone carries a phone with a camera there isn't an increase on evidence of UFO sightings... but anyways, we want to believe.

 

KQBfjPy.gif

if you dig deep enough, there are some footage that isn't faked and captured unidentified flying object. I would post them here, but I can't find where I exactly found all those pics, and google isn't helping since they also put those ugly and often times fake pics. Just like how I wanted to post those spaceship pics, but google doesn't show the pics I want, but you can simply click this last video, it isn't in English, but the pics are cool. Anyway, we want to believe.

 

KQBfjPy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else experience anything else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, skwonderfactory said:

Anyone else experience anything else?

I watched The Thing (1982) movie last night. It's a great horror movie about ET in Antarctica. But the true shook came when I found out the movie was based off a book that came out in 1938, even back then they talked about aliens, whew

 

KQBfjPy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't believe aliens exist. The odds of life existing in the universe are vanishingly small, and the odds of it being intelligent and highly-advanced as depicted in pop culture are even more remote. The universe is not fine-tuned for life. In fact, there is only about 0.00000001% that life can occur in it that our very existence can only be considered a mere accident or a miracle depending how you look at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, fabbriche said:

I don't believe aliens exist. The odds of life existing in the universe are vanishingly small, and the odds of it being intelligent and highly-advanced as depicted in pop culture are even more remote. The universe is not fine-tuned for life. In fact, there is only about 0.00000001% that life can occur in it that our very existence can only be considered a mere accident or a miracle depending how you look at it.

ok, I respect your opinion on this and thinking about it scares me a bit but I don't agree.

yes, the idea of us being in the universe alone is maybe as equally scary as the fact that there might be other forms of intelligent life, but not knowing how vast the universe actually is makes me think that there must be something/someone out there. considering we don't even know our own solar system in detail, and there's the whole milky way and thousands of billions of other galaxies... I mean, there has to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw a UFO passing above me…it wasn't fun 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ainadalkaz said:

ok, I respect your opinion on this and thinking about it scares me a bit but I don't agree.

yes, the idea of us being in the universe alone is maybe as equally scary as the fact that there might be other forms of intelligent life, but not knowing how vast the universe actually is makes me think that there must be something/someone out there. considering we don't even know our own solar system in detail, and there's the whole milky way and thousands of billions of other galaxies... I mean, there has to.

Universe is not at all hospitable for life that the occurrence of life on earth can be considered just an extreme anamoly. Life is possible to exist in the universe for only less than 1% of the its potential lifespan before tge universe collapses into a big freeze.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, fabbriche said:

Universe is not at all hospitable for life that the occurrence of life on earth can be considered just an extreme anamoly. Life is possible to exist in the universe for only less than 1% of the its potential lifespan before tge universe collapses into a big freeze.

life as we know it. there might be some intelligent life form in some galaxy thousands of light years away feeding on some stuff we have no idea exists or some stuff that we can't digest/is dangerous to us, trying to find out if they're really alone in the universe... while I know it sounds like a plot of some stupid mainstream movie, we really don't and will never know for sure. and considering the vastness of the universe, even that less of 1% is pretty solid, although yes, very small. everyone's gonna have an opinion on this and nobody will know for sure unless there's actual proof - which we won't get, probably ever, and that's scary the more you think about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ainadalkaz said:

life as we know it. there might be some intelligent life form in some galaxy thousands of light years away feeding on some stuff we have no idea exists or some stuff that we can't digest/is dangerous to us, trying to find out if they're really alone in the universe... while I know it sounds like a plot of some stupid mainstream movie, we really don't and will never know for sure. and considering the vastness of the universe, even that less of 1% is pretty solid, although yes, very small. everyone's gonna have an opinion on this and nobody will know for sure unless there's actual proof - which we won't get, probably ever, and that's scary the more you think about it.

Anything that exists only at such a remote distance that the odds of us interacting with them in any meaningful way are negligible is so close to non-existent that the difference is purely philosophical, and therefore, in my opinion, not worth arguing about.

 

So saying, "Aliens don't exist" is equivalent to saying alien life is either (1) impossible, or (2) located at such a distance or in such a place in the universe that we have nothing to do with each other, or (3) something in between. It doesn't matter what the exact proportion is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites