2. “I Care”
3. “I Miss You”
4. “Best Thing I Never Had”
5. “Party” feat. André 3000
6. “Rather Die Young”
7. “Start Over”
8. “Love on Top”
10. “End of Time”
11. “I Was Here”
12. “Run the World (Girls)”
There are only 6 countries '4' hasn't topped on iTunes.
Taylor Swift is a racist.
Last edited by satellites.™ 6/29/2011 at 10:50 PM.
Marcie Chapa In NYC rehearsing......
14 minutes ago · Comment · LikeUnlike · View Feedback Hide Feedback · Share
Montina Cooper Just landed yay!!!
12 hours ago via Facebook for iPhone · Comment · LikeUnlike · View Feedback (6)Hide Feedback (6) · Share
Brittani Washington Off to New York! I must admit, I do miss that place!
Yesterday at 6:35pm · Comment · LikeUnlike · View Feedback (12)Hide Feedback (12) · Share
katrodriguez_ Katty Rodriguez
Working in new york this week, excited to see a few of my sisters!
18 hours ago
Originally posted by Kisuke
you should unless this thread is only for the and
1. Female artist who has spent the most weeks at No. 1 this decade (37 wks).
2. Female artist with the most Top 5 hits of the decade.
3. Female artist with the most Top 10 hits of the decade.
4. Female artist with the most Top 40 hits of the decade.
5. Highest paid black actress in the history of cinema.
6. Only artist in history to have all her studio albums win the Grammy Award for Best Contemporary R&B Album.
7. Only artist in history to have all her studio albums début at the number one spot in the Billboard 200.
8. Female artist with the most Grammy awards won on a single night with six.
9. First and only female artist to have 9 singles in the UK Top 75 off one album.
10. “I am…Sasha Fierce” is the album with the most entries on the Mainstream R&B/Hip-Hop chart this decade with 7.
11. “I am…Sasha Fierce” holds the record for the most #1 Dance singles off one album with 6.
12. First African-American female and second overall female to win the “Songwriter of the Year” award from the American Society of Composers, Authors, and Publishers Pop Music Awards (2001).
13. First and only woman to have a single and album simultaneously topping the main charts in both the U.S. and the UK (2003).
14. Longest stay at number-one on the Billboard Hot 100 within a year for a female ever (seventeen weeks with “Crazy in Love” and “Baby Boy”).
15. Handled twice the record of most weeks spent at the top of the Billboard Hot 100 in a single year by a female artist (seventeen weeks in 2003 and eight weeks in 2006).
16. First non-athlete, non-model to appear on the cover of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue and the second African-American (the first being Tyra Banks) to do so (2007).
17. “Irreplaceable” is the first song to top twelve Billboard charts simultaneously (December 30, 2006).
18. First artist to have a number-one single (”Check on It”), a number-one film (The Pink Panther), and win a Grammy Award in the same week (February 2006).
19. First female artist to have a number-one single and win a Grammy Awards in the same week twice (”Check on It” and “Irreplaceable”, consecutively).
20. Is the singer with the biggest film début ever with Austin Powers in Goldmember when it grossed $213,307,889 in America alone.
21. Most number-ones by lead female artist this decade ( “Crazy In Love” , “Baby Boy” ,”Check on It” , “Irreplaceable” & “Single Ladies”).
22. First Female to ever be awarded the International Artist Award at the American Music Awards.
23. Destiny’s Child is the biggest selling female group of all time.
24. “Single Ladies” the most viewed video by female artist ever with over 520 million views.
25. The most MTV nominations for a single video ever (“Single Ladies” with 9).
26. Black female artist with the most magazine covers ever (over 300).
27. First black female artist to top the 4 million mark.
28. Female artist with the most Grammy nominations ever with 41.
29. “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)” is the first (non-rap) R&B hit to top the 4 million mark in paid downloads.
30. “Independent Women” is the longest-running song by a female group ever.
31. “#1s” is the best-selling greatest-hits album by a female group ever.
32. “Dreamgirls” the most expensive film with an all-black starring cast in cinema history.
33. “Dreamgirls” is the first and only live-action film to receive three nominations for Best Song at the Academy Awards.
34. Biggest jump in Billboard history with “Beautiful Liar” by a black female artist (from number ninety-four to number three).
35. Most #1 records by a female artist in Billboard’s Rhythm chart ever.
36. Most master ringtone certifications (19) by a female solo artist ever.
37. “I am…Sasha Fierce” is the first album by an international artist to top the #1 spot for 27 weeks in Brazil.
38. “Beyonce Heat” is the fragrance with the most units sold in a single day during a personal appearance ever.
39. Beyoncé is the artist with the most BET awards ever (7 awards).
40. Jay-Z and Beyoncé are “2010’s Power Couple”.
41. First and only artist to sing three of the Oscar nominates for the Best Song during the telecast.
42. First non-Hispanic person to make People en Español’s list of the 50 Most Beautiful Latinos.
43. “Single ladies” is the longest charting R&B song in the history of Australian Singles Chart.
44. “Single ladies” is the first R&B song to cross 100 weeks in Australian Singles Chart.
45. First and only female artist ever to have two singles in top 4 on Billboard Hot 100 at the same time.
46. “Dreamgirls” is the musical with the biggest opening day ever.
47. Youngest R&B female artist to be nominated for a Grammy award (18 yrs old).
48. Billboard Female Artist of the Decade
49. Billboard Airplay Artist of the Decade
50. Billboard Ringtone Artist of the Decade
51. Beyoncé, Michelle Williams and Kelly Rowland are the only artists to reach number one as members of a group (Destiny’s Child) and as solo artists on Hot Dance Club Songs chart.
52. Beyoncé, Michelle Williams and Kelly Rowland are the only artists to reach number one as members of a group (Destiny’s Child) and as solo artists on Hot Dance Airplay chart.
53. Best selling female artist of the decade in United States.
54. Best selling African-American girl-group in the U.S. of ALL TIME (17 millions).
55. Best selling pop girl-group in the United States of ALL TIME (17 millions).
56. Best selling R&B girl-group in the United States of ALL TIME (17 millions).
57. Female artist with the most Grammy nominations in a single year (tied).
58. Contemporary R&B album with the most digital track sales ever (over 12.4 millions).
59. Youngest female artist to ever be awarded with Legend Award at the World Music Awards.
60. Youngest artist to ever be awarded with Legend Award at the World Music Awards.
61. 3rd artist in the history with the most number ones on the U.S. dance chart.
62. Most nominated artist at the Bet Awards ever with 24 nominations.
63. Black female artist with the most EMAs won ever.
64. Female artist with the most wins of EMAs for “Song of the Year” ever (tied with Pink).
65. Black female artist with the most VMAs ever.
66. Black female artist with the most VMAs won for “Best female video” ever (tied with Janet Jackson).
67. 2nd black female artist with the most VMA nominations ever with 5 (1st=Janet Jackson with 6).
68. Destiny’s child is the only group ever to win “Billboard Artist of the Year” twice.
69. Destiny’s child is the female group with the most Billboard awards ever with 16.
70. Artist with the most wins ever in the VMA’s “Best Collaboration” category.
71. Artist with the most nominations ever in the VMA’s “Best Collaboration” category.
72. Youngest black artist to win a Grammy award (19 yrs old – tied with Rihanna).
73. Destiny’s Child is the only artist to consecutively be awarded Best Group at the BET Awards.
74. Destiny’s Child is the most awarded female group of all time (154 awards).
75. Female artist with the most number-one hits in Billboard’s Hot Digital Songs chart.
76. Youngest black female musician to cover Vanity fair in magazine’s 28 yrs history.
77. Only black female artist in the 00s decade to cover Vanity fair.
78. Only black artist ever to be featured three times on the cover of Vanity fair .
79. Black musician with the most Cosmopolitan covers ever (124 years since its first issue).
80. First and only black woman to ever be awarded with Cosmopolitan’s Fearless Female of the Year honor.
81. Only black musician to cover Allure twice in the past decade.
82. Black musician with the most GQ covers in the last decade.
83. Artist with the most Essence covers the last decade.
84. Artist with the most Ebony covers the last decade.
85. Black artist with the most In style covers in the last decade.
86. Black artist with the most Harpers covers in the last decade.
87. Black musician with the most Bazaar covers the last decade.
88. Black artist with the most Glamour covers the last decade.
89. 1st and only non latin person to cover People’s 50 Los Mas Bellos.
90. 1st and only black artist in history to cover Forbes Magazine.
91. Female artist win the most wins at the TMF Awards ever (3 as leader of DC, 1 solo).
92. Destiny’s child is the most awarded girl-group at the TMF Awards ever (3 awards).
93. 1st artist to ever be awarded with Legend Award at the World Music Awards as a group member and as a solo artist.
94. Black artist with the most nominations in MTV’s history.
95. Black artist with the most wins in MTV’s history.
96. Artist with the most nominations last decade.
97. Artist with the most wins last decade.
98. Only artist in Billboard’s history to top the Hot 100 chart for 10 weeks or more as member of a group and as a solo artist.
99. Most “googled” black female artist in 2010.
100. ”I am…tour” is the most successful tour by a black female artist in the last decade. (vs Mariah Carey, Janet Jackson, Whitney Houston, Alicia Keys, Rihanna, Ciara) .
101. Only artist to have a #1 single in every year of this decade, with a group or as a solo artist.
102. Artist with the most weeks at #1 on Pop Radio chart this decade.
103. First female artist ever to win EMA’s Best video award.
104. “Destiny fulfielld …ain’t lovin’ it” is the highest-grossing tour by a pop female-group of all time.
105. “Destiny fulfielld …ain’t lovin’ it” is the highest-grossing tour by a female group in the 00s.
106. “I am…tour” was the most successful tour by a black female artist of 2009.
107. “I am…tour” was the most successful tour by a black artist of 2009.
108. “The Writing’s on the wall” is the best-selling album by a R&B female-group of the last decade in United States.
109. “The Writing’s on the wall” is the best-selling album by a pop female-group of the last decade in United States.
110. “Survivor” is the best-selling pop album by a female-group of the last decade in United States.
111. Pop female-group with the most RIAA certifications of Gold, Platinum and Multi-Platinum singles ever.
112. Destiny’s child is Billboard’s Female group of the decade.
113. Most awarded female-group at NAACP Awards in Outstanding Duo or Group cathegory of ALL TIME (5 awards).
114. Most awarded group at NAACP Awards in Outstanding Duo or Group cathegory of ALL TIME (5 awards).
115. “If I were a boy” is the ballad with the most watched music video of all time on the internet by a black female artist .
116. “If I were a boy” is the ballad with the 2nd most watched music video of all time on the internet by a female artist .
117. “Single Ladies” is the most watched music video ever on the internet with over 523 million views.
118. “Single Ladies” is the most watched music video of 2009 on the internet with over 333 million views.
119. Beyonce’s version of the National Anthem was named by Billboard the best performance by a black artist this decade.
120. Most nominated artist of the decade for Soul Train Awards’ with 13 nominations (tied).
121. Destiny’s child’s Survivor is the album with the highest first week’s sales figures of any female group in the SoundScan era (more than 663,000). There are 20 years since Nielsen SoundScan began tracking sales data. Since then, there were a lot of successful female groups like : Dixie chicks , TLC, Spice girls, Bananarama or Pussycat dolls.
122. Destiny’s child’s Survivor holds the record for the highest first week’s sales of any album in Columbia Records history (a history of 23 years, in which artist like AC/DC, Mariah Carey, Ray Charles, Celine Dion, Bob Dylan, Aretha Franklin, Prince or Alicia Keys released music).
123. Destiny’s Child is the first U.S. female group to have a #1 studio album on the UK charts (in the 43-year history of the UK chart).
124. Destiny’s Child is the first U.S. pop female group ever to have a #1 album on the UK charts.
125. Destiny’s Child is the U.S. female group with the most #1 UK singles of all time.
126. “Independent woman” is the 1st #1 song on the UK charts by an American female group since 1987.
127. “Say my name” is the longest-running #1 song ever by a female-group in Philippines (7 wks at the top position).
128. Survivor was the 3rd best-selling album worldwide of 2001 with 7.8 million copies sold during the year.
129. 2nd black female artist with the most Grammy Awards in a lifetime.
130. 3rd female artist with the most Grammy Awards in a lifetime.
131. “I am…Sasha Fierce” is the 3rd best selling album in Brazil of all-time.
132. 2nd female artist ever with the most cumulative weeks at number one in Billboard’s Hot 100.
133. 2nd black female musician ever to cover Vanity fair (28 yrs since it’s first issue).
134. 1st black musician last decade with a Vogue Italia cover.
135. 2nd artist of the last decade to cover Forbes magazine.
136. 2nd black female musician in history to cover Vogue magazine US (in 128 yrs).
137. 2nd most “googled” black artist in 2010 (after Michael Jackson).
138. 2nd most successful tour by a black female artist in the last decade.
139. 5th female artist in history to place six songs from one album within the top 40 in Hot 100 chart.
140. 2nd most successful tour by a female-group ever with 70.8 million dollars grossed (only behind TLC’s “FanMail tour” with 72.8 million dollars).
141. “The Writing’s on the wall” is the 2nd best selling album by a female-group of the last decade in United States.
142. 2nd R&B female-group with the most RIAA certifications of Gold, Platinum and Multi-Platinum singles ever with a total of 10 (after TLC with 13).
143. 2nd female-group with the most RIAA certifications of Gold, Platinum and Multi-Platinum singles ever with a total of 10 (after TLC with 13).
144. 3rd female artist ever with the most RIAA certifications of Gold, Platinum and Multi-Platinum singles ever with a total of 32 certifications (after Madonna and Mariah,both with 35). So Beyoncé needs only one hit to be the most awarded female artist in U.S. ever.
145. 2nd black female artist ever with the most RIAA certifications of Gold, Platinum and Multi-Platinum singles ever with a total of 32 certifications (after Mariah with 35).
146. 2nd female artist with the most weeks at #1 on the Hot 100 chart ever with 36 wks ( 1st is Mariah with 79).
147. 3rd most Grammy nominated artist in history with 39 nods.
148. “Single ladies” is the 3rd most watched music video of all time.
149. Named 5th on Vh1’s 100 Greatest Female Artists of All Time.
150. Named 4th on Vh1’s 100 Greatest Black Female Artists of All Time.
151. Beyonce’s performance of the National Anthem was named the 5th best of all time by Billboard.
152. Beyonce’s performance of the National Anthem was named by Billboard the 2nd best of all time by a black female artist.
153. Beyonce’s performance of the National Anthem was named by Billboard the 3rd best of all time by a female artist.
154. Beyonce’s version of the National Anthem was named by Billboard the 2nd best performance of the decade.
155. 5th Female artist with the most Billboard awards ever.
156. Destiny’s child is the 2nd group with the most Billboard awards ever.
157. 3rd most awarded artist in Soul Train Awards’ history with 5 awards (tied).
158. 5th most nominated artist in Soul Train Awards’ history with 13 nominations (tied).
159. 4th most nominated female artist in Soul Train Awards’ history with 13 nominations (tied).
160. 2nd most awarded female artist for Soul Train Awards this decade.
161. 2nd most awarded artist for Soul Train Awards this decade.
162. Destiny’s Child is the 2nd U.S. female group to have a #1 album on the UK charts (since Diana Ross & the Supremes hit that slot 24 years ago with a “Greatest Hits” package.).
163. “Say my name” is the 2nd song ever by an R&B group to reach the #1 position on the ARIA Singles Chart ( the 1st is TLC’s “No scrubs”, a one year difference).
164. I Am… Sasha Fierce is the first international female album in history to be certified 2x Diamond in Brazil.
165. “Survivor“ is the best selling album by an R&B girl group of the 00s decade.;
In addition to refuting the online rumors, the management company confirmed that the singer is working on upcoming music projects. "Furthermore, Beyoncé is readying the release of her new, highly anticipated DVD and has started the recording process for her new album," the statement concluded. http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/164..._beyonce.jhtml
01. Jim Jonsin
03. Tricky Stewart
04. Los Da Mystro
05. Swizz Beatz
06. Rich Harrison
07. Kanye West
11. The Script
12. Sean Garrett
13. Alja Jackson
15. Uriel Kadouch
16. Of Montreal/Kevin Barnes
17. The Neptunes
18. Sleepy Fourthousand
19. Rico Love
20. Brian Morgan
21. Rock City
22. Wayne Wilkins
23. Shea Taylor
25. Traci Hale
27 Organized Noize
28 The VAMP
A release date is a few months off but we hear six-time Grammy Award-winner Beyonce's new album is sure to be another worldwide hit. Sony Music Australia boss Denis Handlin flew to New York for meetings with executives last week, and was treated to an audience with the bootylicious lady herself. The former Destiny's Child singer rocked up in person to play international Sony executives songs from her new and fourth solo studio album, due for release late June. Before playing the music, Beyonce said: "I just love making music and sharing it with my fans." As a solo artist, Beyonce has sold more than 11 million albums, and millions more with Destiny's Child. She is one of the most successful popstars of her generation. It was just amazing," Handlin told Insider of the new music. "She came in and played us six tracks from the album. She wants to do a big tour off the back of this record, which will include Australia. These songs, the best description I can give is groundbreaking; she's gone to another level."
i wonder how many grammys she will win with this album GIFSoup
Sir Paul McCartney
I think that's it...
oh you can turn it in to the official thread for june by the way
You may remember a couple of weeks ago when Beyonce implied that she'd be open to working with Of Montreal, and though nothing concrete has come of that quote yet, Of Montreal frontman Kevin Barnes isn't taking any chances. He tweeted recently that he's started writing a song for Beyonce called "He's My Party Drug," that sounds like the "The Time Meets Four Tet."
Also, apparently Barnes has made a contribution to the upcoming GZA album. No word on exactly what said contribution is, but still, the man is busy. It sounds like he should just go ahead and sign with Island/Def Jam already. [YANP]
Beyonce held a preview listening party for her upcoming album, 4, at the NYC offices of Sony Music on Wednesday afternoon (May 11).
About a dozen of her super fans watched the “Run The World (Girls)” video in a conference room before the 29-year-old global superstar came in and surprised everyone, shaking hands and hugging every single person in the room. (One of her fansites BeyonceWorld even flew in from Australia!)
“When editing the DVD [for Beyonce: I Am… World Tour], I noticed that the tone of my voice is different live [than my recording one],” Beyonce told JustJared.com. “So I used that live performance tone throughout the record.”
B then sat down, grabbed a bottle of Pellegrino sparkling water, and played five new tracks for the room.
“I wanted to do something refreshing and different,” Beyonce told JustJared.com. “So I mixed genres and drew inspiration from touring, traveling, watching rock bands, and attending festivals… I was like a mad scientist, putting lots of different songs together.”
Click inside for JustJared.com’s preview of “4″…
Beyonce ‘4′ Album Preview - JustJared.com Exclusive
SONG #1 ———- Part of the song, tentatively titled “Till The End of Time,” has already leaked on YouTube. “The bass line was inspired by [Nigerian musician and composer] Fela Kuti,” Beyonce shared with JustJared.com. “It’s my nephew Julez’s favorite song.” (JJ Tidbit: Jay-Z produced the Broadway musical Fela! about the late Nigerian singer.)
Here are some sample lyrics: “I wanna love you so (hit me)/ I will be the one to kiss you at night… Come on take my hand/ I won’t let you go/ I’ll be your friend/ I will love you so… Turn your rain into sun… Say you’ll never let me go.”
SONG #2 ———- This mid-tempo song has lots of drums much like “Run The World.” “Babyface wrote the song,” Beyonce told JustJared.com. The track is about karma and revenge and kicks off with, “What goes around comes back around.” Some key phrases from the song include, “Best thing I’ve ever had” and “Best thing you’ve never had.” The best line in the song goes, “You showed your ass, baby I saw the real you.” The song closes with, “Sucks to be you right now.”
SONG #3 ———- This ballad is moody and dark. It’s a song that will really sit with you, rather than be an instant smash hit. One fan asked Beyonce if she was crying at the beginning of the song because it sounded like she was. “Almost,” she responded. “I was on the verge.”
Jeff Bhasker penned this song, Beyonce confirmed. “It’s one of my favorite songs [off of the album],” she said.
Some sample lyrics: “I told you how you hurt me/ I’m crying and deserted but you don’t care/ Nobody told me this is love/ You’re immune to all my pain/ This is love but that’s okay… But I care/ I know you don’t care too much/ But I still care.”
SONG #4 ———- This track starts off the lyrics “killing me softly” and samples Boyz II Men’s “Uhh Ahh.” Beyonce uses the countdown and sings between each decremental number “10, 9, 8…”
“Boyz II Men were the first ones to put Destiny’s Child on tour,” Beyonce told JustJared.com. “They showed us how to treat an opening act and I will never forget that. That was 15 years ago! Wow, 15 years! (laughs) I’m old.”
Some sample lyrics: “Dedicated to the one I love… diamonds in that chain… Riding that pony.. showing him how you ride… If you leave me, you’re out of your mind. London, speed it up. Houston, rock it.”
What did Jay-Z think of this song? “He liked it,” Beyonce told JustJared.com. “I don’t think he was dissecting it, just thinking of what he could do to it as a rapper.”
SONG #5 ———- Beyonce had the lights turned down for this beautiful ballad. Here’s how the song starts: “If I ain’t got nothing, I got you/ If I ain’t got something, I don’t give a damn/
Because I got here…”
“I don’t know much about algebra but one plus one is two,” she croons. “He ain’t got nothing but love. Darling, you got enough for the both of us. Make love when my days look low, pull me in close.”
“RUN THE WORLD (GIRLS)” VIDEO ———- It’s everything we hoped it would be - amazing! (Watch the 60-second “Run The World” teaser.)
The video starts and ends with Beyonce riding her horse. (A lion walks into one of the dance numbers and Beyonce has two giant hyenas on leashes in another scene.) The room went crazy during two parts of the song. The first was when Beyonce sings “eff you” and gives the middle finger (albeit pixelated with a censor). The second was when Beyonce is on her knees, bent backwards, and writhing around in the sand. It’s reminiscent of the sand dance sequence in her “Baby Boy” video
The dance sequences were choreographed by her longtime friend Frank Gatson with help from Sheryl Murakami and Mozambican kwaito dance group Tofo Tofo. Beyonce had scoured the Internet and discovered Tofo Tofo on YouTube. The funny thing is they had no idea who Beyonce was when she reached out to them! (Tofo Tofo gets down with Beyonce in a few of the dance numbers.)
Beyonce had walked into the room after her fans watched the “Run the World” video, so after the album preview, she had the video played again. “I’ve never watched it with a group of people before, so I’m excited,” she said. So the fans got to see the video not once, but twice!
After the album preview and video screening, Beyonce thanked everyone in the room for coming and said she had to go rehearse for her next “thing.” She has so many “things” coming up, we’re all so excited!
[3:48 AM] poobear: its it true
[3:49 AM] poobear: that little slave girls
[3:49 AM] poobear: come on yall doors
[3:49 AM] poobear: and sell cookies :o
[3:49 AM] summer: They aren't slaves they're called girl scouts
[11:47 PM] cookie: my monotone voice and accent would make a funny rape
[11:47 PM] cookie: *rap