Yeah and back in the big selling days, with more physical stores, the shipments compared to hard sales were biigger than today. With webshops and itunes, you don't need to have a big stock anymore really.
Plus lots of stores can't afford big stock that goes unsold, they must be much more efficient these days.
I see we're avoiding the Shania Twain slayage in the late 90s early 00s.
Originally posted by ifyouseekLEM
That cum guzzling hussy who had to ****, blow and discount her way to #1 just to tie a dead legends old record. Hew in the **** does she think she is? Was it really that serious? Did she have to tie that record so much? This is nothing compared to if this ****ty bitch decides to release a 6th single. I swear, I use to like her so much but now she's just a walking contradiction laced with desperation and more hallow in personality than an empty urn. **** her. For as long as I live, this **** will always be tainted.
Michael Jackson and Katy Perry now in the same sentence, the same record, the same breath and thought? Ch....
5) Katy Perry - Teenage Dream [2.1 million copies]
6) Beyoncé - 4 [2.1 million copies]
8) Rihanna - Talk That Talk [1.7 million copies]
14) Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday [1.3 million copies]
Random Facts: - Adele holds the record for most albums sold in a calendar year with 15.3 million copies.
- Beyoncé appears on the list eight times, more than any other artist.
- Katy Perry is the only person to appear at the bottom of the list two consecutive years or at all.
- Madonna is the oldest artist to appear on the list.
- Mariah, Whitney, Madonna, & Celine Dion all appear on the list, Janet Jackson does not.
I never really understand that whole 'Norah Jones' fad from 2002 to 2007. To this day, I've still never bought any of her albums or heard any of her songs, even though I lived during her heyday.