View Full Version : Celeb News: Katy Perry admits bisexuality

Brand New
1/8/2010, 4:51 AM
Katy Perry has claimed that her breakthrough hit 'I Kissed A Girl' is about "the mystery of a woman".

The singer told Glamour that she was not sure how to deal with the media coverage of the song's lyrics but admitted that she had kissed girls in the past.

Perry said: "When it was all hitting, I didn't really know how to handle it.

"I didn't want it to turn into this Girls Gone Wild song. I had been through the experience - many times - [but] didn't want to get specific.

"I didn't want guys to be w**king off. For me, it was a song about the magic and mystery of a woman that makes every man - and some women - get on their knees."

She added: "I have a soft spot for women - I'm not afraid of it. Some women walk into the room, and they're so beautiful you're like, 'I wanna smell you', you know?

"I have certain girlfriends who I just think are the most angelic, beautiful creatures. And if any of my boyfriends ever fail me, I'll turn to them!"

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a194858/perry-i-didnt-want-guys-wing-off.html

BoomBoomBee
1/8/2010, 4:54 AM
She's showing admiration for the female species. She never said she felt sexually attracted to them.

Oh well, good for her, haha everyone's bisexual these days, I love it :) Why limit yourself? xD

Playboy
1/8/2010, 5:13 AM
Somebody is desperately tryin to get back IN on the scene. After people went crazy over Gaga being a lesbian, now everybody has a girl crush LMAO

love100
1/8/2010, 5:18 AM
katy perry was accused to be homophobic.... ..........................................

btw she wants only attention...

RainMan
1/8/2010, 6:26 AM
when IKAG was hitting she said she had never kissed a girl before

fake-ass :sick:

teeth
1/8/2010, 6:31 AM
Somebody is desperately tryin to get back IN on the scene. After people went crazy over Gaga being a lesbian, now everybody has a girl crush LMAO

haha IKR?

Break
1/8/2010, 6:48 AM
Eh. I doubt it's true

Hustle.
1/8/2010, 8:42 AM
Yeah, sure. She's getting married to a man now so this is irrelevant.

Totally shocking. This news comes to sincere surprise. I would have never guessed.

RainMan
1/8/2010, 9:17 AM
Omg katy perrys bi?

Im buying her album.

Departure
1/8/2010, 9:31 AM
Everyone is kissing girls.

Hilary Duff kissed a girl. Megan Fox made out with a girl in her latest movie.

It's like a new trend these days...

miguellopez
1/8/2010, 11:44 AM

people didnt go crazy over gaga being a lesbian. it was the hermaphrodite rumours that people went crazy over.

RBN's
1/8/2010, 1:23 PM
nothing new ¬¬

KingofBrits
1/8/2010, 1:29 PM
I like Katy and everything, but she's just jumping on the bandwagon now. She was the IT Girl in 2008, but now everyone is talking about GaGa and Ke$ha, and she has been tossed aside, so now she tells us about "I Kissed a Girl", when we really don't care about the song anymore. I still like the song, but c'mon, you could have brought this stuff up when the record was first released, and we all actually cared.

Switcheroo
1/8/2010, 2:01 PM

but katy was talking about this
way before anybody even cared about lady gaga!:rolleyes:

V3$$3L.
1/8/2010, 2:05 PM
I knew I didn't like her for a reason.

JoaoP
1/8/2010, 3:04 PM
Ok Katy :)

Next.

Beatfreak
1/8/2010, 3:07 PM
GaGa doesn't need to be mentioned whenever the spotlight is on Katy :)

Can't wait for your next album Perry!

manwhore
1/8/2010, 3:17 PM
first kesha now katty.. hmm.. the gaganess is in everyone's "i want to make it by saying im bi" agenda.

Duca
1/8/2010, 3:21 PM
Don't believe it. :eatpopcorn:

Rockstar101
1/8/2010, 3:23 PM
*Plays Te Amo by RiRi*'

This seriously needs to be a Summer Single: girls are lonely and seeking other girls to make out with/fondle.

£100
1/8/2010, 3:29 PM
I love how the title is "admits bisexuality." It's not like anybody is actually interested in her sexuality eh? :toofunny2:

Press
1/8/2010, 3:34 PM
Who cares? She can be whatever she wants.

Can't wait for the album.

manwhore
1/8/2010, 3:36 PM
the point is that these singers now know people like gaga bc she admited to bisexuality so now they are all hopping the bandwagon. all celebs want the most loyal fanbase, the gays so they will do anything at will to get some of that demographic.. its marketing and again gimmicky.. ugh everything is a gimmick nowdays.

nelly
1/8/2010, 3:55 PM
the point is that these singers now know people like gaga bc she admited to bisexuality so now they are all hopping the bandwagon. all celebs want the most loyal fanbase, the gays so they will do anything at will to get some of that demographic.. its marketing and again gimmicky.. ugh everything is a gimmick nowdays.

Sad but True for most of them

Fireman25
1/8/2010, 3:59 PM
What's up with these female pop singers being bisexual now? Lady gaga, Ke$ha and now Katy Perry.

Switcheroo
1/8/2010, 4:03 PM
OMG why is everybody hating on katy??!:rolleyes:
SHE SPOKE ABOUT LIKING GIRLS LONG BEFORE
ANYBODY EVEN CARED ABOUT LADY GAGA!!!
lady gaga fans are being super ridiculous since she
didn't invent liking girls anyway...

Pedro
1/8/2010, 4:03 PM
:toofunny: You are all delusional. Katy is amazing, if she says she is bisexual it wouldn't be because of that singer that appeared next to her big hit "I Kissed a Girl". She said she had never kissed a woman AND SO WHAT? I didnt know that know u needed to kiss someone from the same sex as you just to know you're lesbian, gay or bisexual. Please, try to grow up a lil' but and remember that Katy is such an amazing person and she never judged anyone, I saw someone saying she is homophobic, how stupid can u be to say that? :shakeno:

manwhore
1/8/2010, 4:24 PM
um actually when asked about her sexuality she would always answer conservatively and just say its a fun song about kissing girls... she never admitted her bisexuality until she has seen how beneficial it has been for gaga and (now kesha, ugh) its rather predictable that should would be next to admit she is bi.. its pathetic

satellites.™
1/8/2010, 4:42 PM
Katy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Rhythm
1/8/2010, 5:44 PM
:toofunny:

Wasn't she a conservative Christian and gospel singer before IKAG, though?

Hustle.
1/8/2010, 5:49 PM
Why is this even a thread? Her first big single was called I Kissed a Girl, is there really anyone shocked by this? Does anyone care? Besides, everyone knows bisexuals don't exist.

Patrick
1/8/2010, 6:11 PM
Everyone and their 5th cousin is bisexual these days. It's so passé and such a non-issue at this point that I can't imagine why anyone would be shocked, or why the media would even bother to report it when random pop star #13 declares their bisexuality. Still, I won't be shocked if tomorrow Diana Ross and Reba McEntire are saying they go both ways.

bobbymfw
1/8/2010, 10:22 PM
I think it's really lame of her to comment about this NOW. A person's sexuality is only relevant to the person they're sleeping with. I wish she just kept her mouth zipped on this one.

alfonso12
1/9/2010, 12:02 PM
Somebody's looking for attention..

miguellopez
1/9/2010, 4:22 PM
*Plays Te Amo by RiRi*'

This seriously needs to be a Summer Single: girls are lonely and seeking other girls to make out with/fondle.

we all knew rihrih was bi. :D:D

Rockstar101
1/9/2010, 7:07 PM
we all knew rihrih was bi. :D:D

I don't think so! Your imagination, not a possibility, and at least she's not on the bandwagon admitting bisexuality like half of Hollyweird.

miguellopez
1/9/2010, 7:24 PM
I don't think so! Your imagination, not a possibility, and at least she's not on the bandwagon admitting bisexuality like half of Hollyweird.

come on, one could look at rihanna and see that she has been with a girl before.

there are pics of her grabbing another girl's breasts. lol.

Beatfreak
1/9/2010, 8:11 PM
I miss Katy :( When's the album dropping?

Rockstar101
1/9/2010, 9:23 PM
come on, one could look at rihanna and see that she has been with a girl before.

there are pics of her grabbing another girl's breasts. lol.

LOL! Thats arguable but there is always a secret girl world; I think they all have a lil FUN...we'll never know!

thequeen
1/11/2010, 1:38 PM
Omg katy perrys bi?

Im buying her album.

lol ily

KarlosVzla
1/11/2010, 10:37 PM
Some women walk into the room, and they're so beautiful you're like, 'I wanna smell you', you know?

:ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh:

God i love her so much!

fpppy
1/11/2010, 10:41 PM
She never says if she's slept with girls or not. Thats what I wanna know