View Full Version : Worst live singers!

Mr. Queero
2/21/2006, 8:19 PM
Who do you think is the worst live singer!

I think it's britney, when she does sing live

Fallen Fort Minor
2/21/2006, 8:22 PM
Ashlee Simpson

Mr. Queero
2/21/2006, 8:23 PM
Mariah isn't that good live either

Emmm
2/21/2006, 8:33 PM
cold play... the lead singer... he just can't sing! :sick:

Lose My Breath
2/21/2006, 8:34 PM
Ashlee Simpson

Jesus Saves
2/21/2006, 8:53 PM
Ashlee and accordin' to BET Awards, Mariah Carey.

Red
2/21/2006, 9:04 PM
Ashlee Simpson

Definitely.

GoldenBoy
2/21/2006, 9:08 PM
Definitely Ashlee.

Mugshot
2/21/2006, 9:16 PM
Ashlee.

Kristopher
2/21/2006, 9:20 PM
britney isn't BAD, she's never done so badly that people talked about how horrible it was afterwards. (again i say, when she DOES sing)

but yea ashlee is pretty horendous

xHoSaIdx
2/21/2006, 9:23 PM
Britney & Mariah.

Delicious
2/21/2006, 9:34 PM
Britney & Mariah. I can understand Britney because she cant really sing that good but Mariah is a phenomenal singer and doesnt have an excuse to lip-sync.

datura
2/21/2006, 9:37 PM
Britney, Ashlee, Mariah (which is sad, she used to be such a powerhouse)

I cant believe nobody mentioned Hilary or Lindsay, if ever they sang live...

JDM
2/21/2006, 9:37 PM
Hilary Duff
Ashlee Simpson

StrictMachine
2/21/2006, 9:45 PM
Well, I would say anyone that lips is automatically the worst. There are those singers that are actually known to be good live but sound awful on TV etc due to a unique sound (Gwen, Shirley). Suprised someone has not said them yet.

willyogalvan
2/21/2006, 10:20 PM
Britney doesn't sound bad when she sings live. And Lindsay and Hilary sound ok. But Ashlee is like the worst live singer. She got booed off stage. Her voice sound tired out everytime she sings.

.Chad.
2/21/2006, 10:55 PM
Hilary Duff, when she lypsanc at New Years and it skipped out and forced her to sing for real, she sounded so flat and horrible.

Ro(he)y
2/21/2006, 11:11 PM
There are those singers that are actually known to be good live but sound awful on TV etc due to a unique sound (Gwen, Shirley). Suprised someone has not said them yet.
Unique sound? You could say that Ashlee has a unique sound because her voice is raspier than other female singers. I honestly like Britney's voice. I like how she's used her limited range. That's just me. I think Gwen sounds ridiculous on nearly every peformance of stuff from her solo album and bad on half of the actual album tracks (the vocals on Crash, for example, are horrendous). A lot of the Old ND stuff was better. Shirley Manson (I assume that's who you meant) usually sounds great live from the performances I've seen. I don't think the TV part has much to do with it.

Often, the whole can/can't sing thing doesn't make sense because it really depends on the singer and their style. Is Nelly Furtado a bad singer cause her voice is definitely SUUUUUUUUUPER nasal but her songs still work. What about Enya? Michelle from DC has an odd voice too. I don't mean to pick out your posts you just happen to say stuff that I think about. I promise it's not personal.

This thread was so created to cause trouble.

StrictMachine
2/21/2006, 11:29 PM
Well just my point that, some singers that people may label as bad are not really all that awful, just odd voices. Gwen has no range, but it's odd and unique and I like it. Others do not. I'm sure people think Kurt Cobain has an awful voice technically. I love it as do most.

Brian.
2/21/2006, 11:34 PM
*Murders all who dare say Mariah, especially after she got a standing ovation at the Grammys for "Fly Like A Bird"*

Obviously the ones who can't actually sing and choose to lyp-sync most of the time: Hilary Duff, Lindsay Lohan, Jennifer Lopez, Omarion, Britney Spears, and Justin Timberlake.

I thought Ashlee's recent performances were actually okay.

Like mentioned before, Gwen Stefani & Nelly Furtado. Pretty irritating live at times but Gwen was great at the concert. Nelly F. is also a pretty underrated vocalist as well.

Avril Lavigne used to sound sh!tty live but she improved alot during UMS promo.

xluvxduffxmusicx
2/22/2006, 12:15 AM
Hilary Duff, when she lypsanc at New Years and it skipped out and forced her to sing for real, she sounded so flat and horrible.

lol get ova it that was like 2 or 3 years ago... Im gonna have to agree with Ashlee Simpson... like the other person said she sounds so tired and roughed up live now... also mariah carey i dont know why so many people like to see a big ball waving there hand for a whole song lip-synching and calling that good...

►Liyoh◄
2/22/2006, 2:02 AM
Britney, ashlee, lindsay sang so horrible at the ama's but i saw over live from a live show and she sang well... so i dont kno with her

also paulina rubio if u know her and hilary duff eeew!!

Ay ya ya
2/22/2006, 5:24 AM
Ashlee S
Chris Martin
Fergie isn't great, but its the energy that counts at a BEP concert!

::RaFaNiKo::
2/22/2006, 8:17 AM
Britney doesn't sound bad when she sings live. And Lindsay and Hilary sound ok. But Ashlee is like the worst live singer. She got booed off stage. Her voice sound tired out everytime she sings.

Agree 100%.

Delicious
2/22/2006, 8:22 AM
Britney doesn't sound bad when she sings live.

Thing is ... i've only seen her live like twice and that's bad considering how long she's been out. Lindsay's meh ... she's alright, nothing special.

Jeremy
2/22/2006, 10:00 AM
britney for sure

Jay.
2/22/2006, 10:03 AM
People say Britney because she's known for lyp synching but when she does sing live she has a good voice. My vote goes for Ashlee.

Ay ya ya
2/22/2006, 10:16 AM
Has anyone ever heard Britney or Hilary LIVE?

I've never seen a real performance from them.

.:Froggert:.
2/22/2006, 10:18 AM
Ash*****

datura
2/22/2006, 10:33 AM
*Murders all who dare say Mariah, especially after she got a standing ovation at the Grammys for "Fly Like A Bird"*

It was pretty clear that Mooriah was not singing live during most of Fly Like a Bird... she was even starting to sound
off and lose her breath during WBT

Zephyr
2/22/2006, 10:34 AM
Recently, Jessica Simpson has been sounding horrible. Even more so than her sister at times. (that performance of Boots she did recently was beyond bad.) It's rather sad too as she was really good, especially in her early performances of like I Wanna Love You Forever.

Duff sounds REALLY REALLY bad live too, from the very few occasions she's actually you know, performed live?

datura
2/22/2006, 10:35 AM
Duff sounds REALLY REALLY bad live too, from the very few occasions she's actually you know, performed live?

haha so true... I still can't get over the New Year's Eve tape-skipping fiasco, she NEVER sings live

M Z N A
2/22/2006, 10:38 AM
Jessica Simpson, duh.

XTIANLOVESBRITNEY
2/22/2006, 10:50 AM
Ashlee
Hilary

Joster
2/22/2006, 12:00 PM
hmm Hilary sings good live, from what i have seen/heard when not doing playback she does it good.
Britney Spears...not that good but not BAD thats when she sing live also....

the bad live singers are in my opinion: ASHLEE SIMPSON (AMEN) and sorry to say this cuz i love her but recently Mariah Carey....not all the time but for some songs she just can't do it.

Lose My Breath
2/22/2006, 12:23 PM
hmm Hilary sings good live, from what i have seen/heard when not doing playback she does it good.
Britney Spears...not that good but not BAD thats when she sing live also....

the bad live singers are in my opinion: ASHLEE SIMPSON (AMEN) and sorry to say this cuz i love her but recently Mariah Carey....not all the time but for some songs she just can't do it.

Hilary dosen't sing well period...

Brave
2/22/2006, 12:35 PM
so obvious... Mariah & Madonna

Brian.
2/22/2006, 1:56 PM
It was pretty clear that Mooriah was not singing live during most of Fly Like a Bird... she was even starting to sound
off and lose her breath during WBT

Did we watch the same performance ? I don't think so.

But yeah, she was having a hard time during WBT.

so obvious... Mariah & Madonna

....you have to be kidding me....

Mr. Queero
2/22/2006, 2:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv7ywBhDCCg&search=everytime

anyone who thinks that sounds good are either profoundly death, in denial, or just plain stupid

Kristopher
2/22/2006, 3:07 PM

anyone who thinks that sounds good are either profoundly death, in denial, or just plain stupid

wow she doesn't sound bad there at all. and just so you know, the word you were looking for is 'deaf', not 'death'. But you're right, WE are the stupid ones. :confused:

If you wanna see a Britney live performance that was really good and that a lot of the fans say is one of her best "live" performances, checkout her 2002 AMA perf. of "Not a Girl", she does a damn good job. Don't get me wrong, it is by all means not a spectacular voice and she is not known for it being great, but it is NOT bad.

Delicious
2/22/2006, 3:16 PM
The 'everytime' performance wasn't gastly horrible but it just ... wasn't good.

Mr. Queero
2/22/2006, 3:16 PM
wow she doesn't sound bad there at all. and just so you know, the word you were looking for is 'deaf', not 'death'. But you're right, WE are the stupid ones. :confused:

If you wanna see a Britney live performance that was really good and that a lot of the fans say is one of her best "live" performances, checkout her 2002 AMA perf. of "Not a Girl", she does a damn good job. Don't get me wrong, it is by all means not a spectacular voice and she is not known for it being great, but it is NOT bad.

lol, no I actually mean "death" because even a "deaf" person would know that she sounds horrible live

Ace Reject
2/22/2006, 4:11 PM
Recently, Jessica Simpson has been sounding horrible. Even more so than her sister at times. (that performance of Boots she did recently was beyond bad.) It's rather sad too as she was really good, especially in her early performances of like I Wanna Love You Forever.

LFR Gerry, I almost died while watching her on Letterman "performing" Boots. She was convulsing around like a fish out of water(which she is in SOOOOOOOOO many ways), or more aptly, like a crack baby without test tubes? It was wonderfully awful.

willyogalvan
2/22/2006, 4:47 PM
if you wanna see Britney sing well live go see SNL 2003 - Everytime

Departure
2/22/2006, 4:56 PM
Worst performance by Britney is "DLMBTLTK" This was at her HBO Concert.

JaSoN_COL
2/22/2006, 4:57 PM
avril lavigne
ashlee simpson
hilary duff
britney
fergie(BEP)

Mr. Queero
2/22/2006, 5:05 PM
if you wanna see Britney sing well live go see SNL 2003 - Everytime

seen it, and she sucked

Departure
2/22/2006, 5:11 PM
seen it, and she sucked

Isn't this the same one that Xtian linked us earlier back in this thread. It wasn't good, but it wasn't horrible has in Ashlee Simpson's La La.

datura
2/22/2006, 6:49 PM
Even though they arguably both suck live, I give Ashlee more credit than Britney because she at least (post-SNL scandal) sings just about everything live. Britney can only croak out a song or two (terribly) while the other 98% of her performances are blatanly lip synched.

Travis10
2/22/2006, 7:35 PM
Anyone who fails at Lip syching, or who does it ALL the time.

Like Usher did at the VMAs. (Or maybe it was some awards show.)

And truthfully, there's been even a few bands who have performed live very badly. - It's not all about the pop stars you know.

Ro(he)y
2/22/2006, 8:56 PM
^ Fall Out Boy.

Nick
2/22/2006, 9:06 PM
lol, no I actually mean "death" because even a "deaf" person would know that she sounds horrible live
Well you've lost that one too because "death" is a noun, not an adjective. You can't be completely death.

Travis10
2/22/2006, 9:11 PM
^ Fall Out Boy.

Like them, but yes, that's an example.

Nick The Third
2/22/2006, 9:11 PM

Honestly, that wasn't that bad. She didn't sound great during some parts, but that's actually one of the few times I've seen her sing well...or at all :-$.

Ashlee and Duff are obvious choices. I've seen Beyonce perform Crazy In Love a few times before and she sounded awful too.

Fall Out Boy is pretty awful live, too.

Departure
2/22/2006, 10:30 PM
LFR Gerry

A very stupid question but what does LFR mean? I can't think of it.

xoxokely
2/23/2006, 4:06 AM
hilary and ashlee (but this time she's improving) but mariah has the worst

Miche
2/23/2006, 4:45 AM
HILARY DUFF!! she NEVER sings live and sounds terrible in her recorded tracks.

also Ashlee but she is better than Hilary.....

I don't really like Beyonce's performances, I prefer Kelly and Michelle

mig123
2/23/2006, 4:59 AM

wtf

_Untouched
2/23/2006, 8:13 AM
Hilary Duff, she never sings live, Mariah Carey doesn't sing liver that much anymore, she used to be VERy good. And Paris Hilton and Kevin Federline can't sing also. And Fergie is not so good either, she screems to much and her voice doesn't sounds like on the singles. You think that she is someone else when she sings live. And Ricky Martin isn't that good either, but he sounds nice.

Mr. Queero
2/23/2006, 2:16 PM
Well you've lost that one too because "death" is a noun, not an adjective. You can't be completely death.

I've lost????:(

are we playing some sort of board game in which I am unaware of?

Brian.
2/23/2006, 2:27 PM
hilary and ashlee (but this time she's improving) but mariah has the worst

What are you, 5 ???

►Liyoh◄
2/24/2006, 2:18 AM
OMG look from this point on the everytime performance! you're saying it want bad! but is it enough, is she talented enough to be a singer!! i know people in my street singing better than that

xoxokely
2/24/2006, 6:02 AM
everyone right...hilary never sings live...
but hey britney is not the worst
i just mariah is now worst bcos she doesn't now do good

Travis10
2/24/2006, 1:16 PM
I could also bring Korn into this picture, with their recent SNL performance. It was not good, their vocals on Twisted Transistor was an underlooked piece of key-rap. But they sang live...

Fallen Fort Minor
2/24/2006, 1:46 PM
^ Yeah they seem to do bad on that one. But go to Youtube and find the video of them performing "Coming Undone" on Daily Download, they sound much better there...

Mr. Queero
2/24/2006, 2:14 PM
everyone right...hilary never sings live...
but hey britney is not the worst
i just mariah is now worst bcos she doesn't now do good

so you think Britney sounds better live than Mariah?:confused:

Ay ya ya
2/24/2006, 2:41 PM
I'd rather listen to Ashlee Simpson struggle with all her notes for 2 hours than to go to a Britney or Hilary show where they both lip sync everything!!!

I don't care if someone sucks live, Avril Lavigne is a good example but she's still awesome.

PANCOSNIC
2/25/2006, 4:27 PM
Britney, Madonna, & Mary J. Blige

►Liyoh◄
2/25/2006, 10:43 PM
Britney, Madonna, & Mary J. Blige

Mary?????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????? :eek:

JDM
2/25/2006, 11:08 PM
I could also bring Korn into this picture, with their recent SNL performance. It was not good, their vocals on Twisted Transistor was an underlooked piece of key-rap. But they sang live...

Korn could have their worst live performance ever and it would still be better than Britney/Ashlee/Hilary/etc.
Yeah, they played on Fuse's Daily Download and it was amazing. Jimmy Kimmel was great, too. They played "Twisted Transistor" and "Coming Undone" on both shows, but DD got an extra one: "Hypocrites."

You want to talk about rock bands sounding like **** live? Papa Roach is one I can remember from the top of my head. System of a Down didn't sound good on that MTV2 concert, and even Deftones have a lot of off days. I saw Chevelle in 2003 and they were just as boring as on CD.

►Liyoh◄
2/25/2006, 11:21 PM
Korn could have their worst live performance ever and it would still be better than Britney/Ashlee/Hilary/etc.

lol, i know you we're gonna say something! and in fact i agree with you

.:Froggert:.
2/25/2006, 11:30 PM
I could also bring Korn into this picture, ...

I would too, but they have ZERO talent so its no big surprise!

b_rad528
2/25/2006, 11:32 PM
hmm...the worst singers live technically are the ones that don't sing at all...

for example, hilary duff, britney spears and JLo...

Ashlee Simpson used to be quite bad, but recently she has gotten a lot better and i wish people would look beyond the orange bowl n her first SNL performance..

My Chemical Romance wasn't all that great when i saw them live..

also Beyonce and Avril Lavigne are bad

n..idk..that's it well Madonna's not great and idk..think that's all

►Liyoh◄
2/25/2006, 11:39 PM
also Beyonce and Avril Lavigne are bad

n..idk..that's it well Madonna's not great and idk..think that's all

you gotta be kidding with beyonce

Mr. Queero
2/26/2006, 12:20 PM
Yeah, Beyonce is an AWESOME live singer

kungfoofighter
2/26/2006, 1:00 PM
Avril Lavigne singing live sometimes makes me cringe. As does Gwen.

Manuel MC Forever
2/26/2006, 1:31 PM
Mariahs one of the best vocalist EVER and thats a FACT

Mr. Queero
2/26/2006, 3:24 PM
Mariahs one of the best vocalist EVER and thats a FACT

10 years ago maybe

Rylary
2/26/2006, 10:54 PM
lmao Ashlee will take the crown from me and Lindsay too..hilary aint good at all as well she can fight with the 2 of them but she's slightly better and i've seen a couple of good non-lipped britney performances..

TheFackRock
2/27/2006, 10:12 AM
Hilary Duff = 0 talent *****

happyending
2/27/2006, 12:43 PM
ashlee, britney and hilary